EDC XI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EKs1NpU.jpg

I thought I'd go with a patriotic color scheme today, but I've got nothing in white. My three blues are Spydercos, but are Sage 3 (Taiwan), Delica (Japan), and Tenacious (China). Of my two reds, my Skaha is Canadian. Here's my All-American Hinderer and bead with USA-made paracord on the white background of our Original 13 hometown map.

Happy 4th of July, y'all!

k7FEkRx.jpg

What the heck...only way to decide if I like this thing enough to keep is to stick in my pocket for the day, right?
Unfortunately, there's no way to show it to you when it's in my pocket; so I stuck it in my hat.
http://i.imgur.com/HhPOtUA.jpg

*edited - the Bodega didn't stay in my pocket for more than two hours. Figured I'd better get it out of there before I started working, just in case. Preserving the pristine, in case it goes back on the Exchange (I've got appliances to buy, and I don't LOVE IT. That thing could just about cover a new oven or dryer)

Last edited:
Here's my All-American Hinderer and bead with USA-made paracord on the white background of our Original 13 hometown map.

And to boot, the bead commemorates an American mountain, South Sister! I love that bead series. Beautiful knife and photo! :thumbsup:

And to boot, the bead commemorates an American mountain, South Sister! I love that bead series. Beautiful knife and photo! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dad! I think that bead is my favorite out of all I have. I bought that MP1 from DLT Trading and the purchase pushed my bonus points up to where I was able to buy that South Sister Bead for a whopping 79 cents all in! I was lucky enough to find that red Micarta knife when it was briefly listed and the bead was the only one I could find in that finish anywhere at the time.

Man, those Half Track pics are killing me. My number one want right now. Alas, I will never be able to pull the trigger. Just beautiful.

Today it's my DLC'd Crooked River with methyl blue CF holy scales and a cogged, full length, brown canvas micarta backspacer.

This one of my very favorite carry's.

1c421320e1f0a32eae06c1c6af76dfff.jpg

Thanks, johnny. Those are indeed snake knots. The bead on the Shirogorov is from the knifemaker--stupidly expensive but I was lucky to find that one at a better price from a member here on the Exchange. The bead on the Hinderer is made up of brass lamp parts from the drawers at my local hardware store, which is an excellent source for "found" objects to use on lanyards. There are decent beads to be had online at the big river site, knife suppliers, and craft and other outlets.

qCKNT9S.jpg

There are some nice takes and good ideas for lanyards and beads over at The Official Lanyard Thread.
hey thanks for all the info. I actually made one for a fixed blade tactical knife using a nut (clever idea with the brass lamp thingy).

I will post a picture but, in accordance with this thread, I will have to set up my photography studio 1st :)

The cordage turned out to be a perfect coyote color pattern to match the knife but sadly I think I will eventually remove it because lanyards on fixed blades, especially ones with a striking pommel, well, kind of gets in the way and hinders switching ice pick grip, as cool as it looks.

I probably should have posted this in the link you gave and will do so in the future and if you don't mind where should I go to discuss how to get something like that righteous Dragon decal (or whatever you call it) on some of my knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back