EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Got out in the yard today and did battle with some saplings and smallish trees. I won.
IMG-7188.jpg

I didn't love the look of the Smock when it first came out, but after a year of keeping it on my radar -- and my tastes evolving a bit, too -- it finally clicked for me. :) What a cool knife! This may be my favorite design to match with Spyderco's G10/CF handle, too; somehow that works really well on this knife, and IMO fits it better visually than the smooth G10 scales on the KJ exclusive version.

Particularly now, after nearly a month in quarantine and looking at another month indoors (minimum!), the value of a supremely fidget-friendly knife can't be overstated. ;)

7QM6k8u.jpg

I can't see the knife without thinking of this Calvin and Hobbes strip, though. :D

ZgIWr04.png

Tied on my bandito mask this morning and took a walk for a few hours. Went down by the water for some mountain views, and then walked through the woods and found a little oasis off the beaten path with a couple of trees in full bloom that were literally abuzz with hummingbirds.

yV2mScb.jpg

6H4Jx9r.jpg

OYym5hY.jpg

5Mxd3RD.jpg

keaDRbb.jpg

RHODb2T.jpg

Time for a change . . .

Put away my Real Steel Megalodon that I've been carrying for about a month and just pocketed a Nilakka that I just purchased off of the Exchange to add to my collection of Spyders in the Ethnic series and those made in Taichung.

It's nice. A unique puukko styled folder w/a very sharp pointy Scandi ground blade and a reversible butt end attached deep pocket clip. It's a little thick in the pocket but it's relatively short handle does not take up that much room. Looks like it uses PB washers which makes the opening of the blade very smooth, so much so that you can execute a very speedy opening just using our thumb combined w/a quick wrist flick.

I like it! :)

jWdYPRL.jpg

During a bit of back and forth about my 0801BW with our friend TheFactor TheFactor earlier today I mentioned the similar finish on my Olamic 247 and figured I'd make that today's carry. We're finally getting a few nice days in a row here on Cape so I got outside for some fresh pics of this knife that I greatly enjoy carrying and using. Lots of Olamics are highly decorated, extensively milled, and blingy, but I really appreciate the simple Stealth finish on this one--tumbled PVD coating--with gold accents and its plain gold floating backspacer.

wn9osJp.jpg

hx0ryjQ.jpg

4590VDF.jpg

During a bit of back and forth about my 0801BW with our friend TheFactor TheFactor earlier today I mentioned the similar finish on my Olamic 247 and figured I'd make that today's carry. We're finally getting a few nice days in a row here on Cape so I got outside for some fresh pics of this knife that I greatly enjoy carrying and using. Lots of Olamics are highly decorated, extensively milled, and blingy, but I really appreciate the simple Stealth finish on this one--tumbled PVD coating--with gold accents and its plain gold floating backspacer.

wn9osJp.jpg

hx0ryjQ.jpg

4590VDF.jpg
Oh man that’s nice Brother !!! :thumbsup:

Back