EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

T9qYJAL.jpg

I'm loving this new Kershaw Tumbler so far. I'll probably take it apart and break the edges of the scales, but IMO this one is a winner:

cJu6Q2o.jpg

Ive been eyeballing that model as well being a Sinkevich design, lightweight, and on KVT bearings (and not 8cr). I did read about some sharp edges on the handle but looks like a winner to me also. Glad to hear your enjoying it and might just have to pull the trigger myself.

Ive been eyeballing that model as well being a Sinkevich design, lightweight, and on KVT bearings (and not 8cr). I did read about some sharp edges on the handle but looks like a winner to me also. Glad to hear your enjoying it and might just have to pull the trigger myself.

I really like it. The action on mine is great and it feels like a beefier (handle width top to bottom, not thickness) 0460 with a better blade. The width is about halfway between the 0460 and the 0770, I think. I own some 0450s and 0460s, and I like the feel of my Tumbler better already.

It does have sharp edges on the G10/CF handles out of the box, though. It was a bit of a pain to take apart and sand down, though I did so on the two hour conference call I was just on. It's sort of a little jigsaw puzzle where the back spacer, the piece the clip screws into and the handle slabs meet, but it's the frame screws that were the annoyance--on mine they spun in place as a free floating unit (barrel screw one the presentation side and the far side inner screw all spinning together) so I had to use two screw drivers to get those two loose.

After breaking all the sharp edges with a couple of minutes of quick sanding the knife feels ten times better in hand. The clip tension on mine was a bit feisty as well, especially landing on the texture they have milled into the CF, so I bent that out ever so slightly as well, but I'm really happy with the result.

I was hoping the flowers would bloom for Easter, but with wind, rain and snow flurries they opened up today. I’ve been saving this turquoise blue for a special shot, and today is the day even though Easter was yesterday. The sun finally came out to show off the metallic color tone that this particular Socom displays.
View attachment 1321382

Last edited:
Back