EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Really neat! I may have missed it, but what knife is this? It looks like an upgraded Spyderco Roadie.

I do believe it is the tungsten carbide blade made by Sandrin, or something like that! They are.sold thru the 1911 custom pistol maker that makes the American Joe!!!!! Cabot guns.. Sweet but pricey!!!!! Some cool stuff there!!

Yep, the new Sandrin Lanzo, made in Italy. A close to unbelievable tungsten carbide blade. Incredibly thin build, but absolutely sturdy. Note the hole diameters on the blade are 1mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 5mm ;)

I just went over and checked the Lanzo out at the cabot site. It does seem a tad pricey for a 3" slip joint, but what struck me is the blade thickness is listed at .035" which is just a few thousandths over 1/32". Its pointier brother, the Dellatorre, is spec'd the same. Chefget Chefget that sure seems impossibly thin. Do you have the thickness dimension on yours?

The calipers I have show 0.0355, and the blade has zero flex.

This is the most fun knife I've bought in years! :D

Last edited:
I just ordered one of the Natural Muslin PCs.

Lol, me too--I just ordered one of the muslin ones this morning. I carry traditionals only infrequently, but this one is a fast favorite for me. I whittled with this yesterday and while it's not as comfortable as my ridiculous Tuff Lite, it works well and let's me have some of that old-timey feel while I'm carving.

It's lighter than my similarly sized traditionals with the no-bolster setup, and it turns out that really works for me.

Lol, me too--I just ordered one of the muslin ones this morning. I carry traditionals only infrequently, but this one is a fast favorite for me. I whittled with this yesterday and while it's not as comfortable as my ridiculous Tuff Lite, it works well and let's me have some of that old-timey feel while I'm carving.

It's lighter than my similarly sized traditionals with the no-bolster setup, and it turns out that really works for me.

I have the first two Pocket Carvers they released, and they are super nice, but I kinda wanted one of the non-bolstered versions for the same reasons, a little lighter, without a bolster to scratch up. Plus, I have a Bullnose in that natural muslin, so I'm hoping they'll be similar. That said, that orange delrin is calling my name pretty loudly also. Oye, always another one!

Chefget Chefget , I saw that Sandrin also has a line of kitchen knives and wonder if you've considered trying or have acquired any of those.

There's a couple more Youtube vids by the cutting test guy I linked earlier on sharpening Tungsten Carbide blades. I haven't checked 'em out yet, but here are the links FWIW.

One here , and another here.

Last edited:
Still getting used to this tiny guy, the Bestech Engine. :)

Cs9ffbX.jpg

As I wrote yesterday in response to @HOKIE_FAN 's Wednesday carry pic, I'm carrying my StarTac today for Framelock Friday. It's a great knife and I'm always glad to have it along, but I'm having a hard time not toting around my new-to-me PJ Inkosingo too, so, as I'm just loafing around the house in soft shorts, I've got both with me as I'm tuning up the PJ, putting a lanyard on it, and using the 'Zaan along the way.

lLdjgMF.jpg

uRroNgU.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a @halden.doerge fanboy (are there such people?), I'll give him props once more for the super edge that came with the Inkosi. I've got a very decent one on my StarTac that took a slight back and forth to trim each paracord end after finishing the lanyard, but the lightly reprofiled edge on the Insingo blade all but fell through the cord cutting the initial ends. Nice one, bro. :D

hPlUMz5.jpg

Still getting used to this tiny guy, the Bestech Engine. :)

Cs9ffbX.jpg

For what it may lack in size, it sure does make up in character. Each time I look at it there is another angle that grabs my attention. You need more than just a couple of looks to take it all in. Lots of ebb and flow going on there, it’s a really nice looking knife.

I can log out and still see it, but I haven't tried it from another device. Not sure.
This is what it looks like from my end. Even taping the icon (IMG) on my end doesn’t do a thing.

Somebody else here just seeing a sign with no picture? Trying to help O onionfan with picture posting that doesn’t disappear. I remember @TheFactor recently posted a simple process on how to post a picture for another new member, I’m sure he will show up later today and write it down for you.

I remember somebody also posting that the code you are copying and pasting needs to end in JPG, once they added that to the code it worked and the picture stayed.

Last edited:
Back