EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Great shot! I really like that quirky thing. Was sorry I missed a reservation, but will be trying for one. There seems to be split opinion on them, so hopefully that will mean less frenzied drops.

Good lord those Nilakka scales are hot! :thumbsup: Great piece. I was just thinking about how impressed I am with that model the other day. The scales are about the only nitpick one might have when stock. Not bad, just plain.

How are you liking the Chief, chief? That one’s been on my radar for a sprint. But this looming K390 Police LW would be overlap for the long, pointy folder slot in the rotation. I think I’d like the more hand filling Chief, but...K390! :)

How're you liking the Native Chief overall?

EDIT: Oops! Looks like the post above beat me to it..

Every time i carry the native chief i ask myself why i don't more often. I initially had a millie picked out this morning but changed up last minute due to the Chiefs light weight (3.99oz) for the overall size thanks to no liners. i really like its carry ability. For a 4-1/8” blade it folds up slim and has definitely earned a place as a keeper in the collection. the thick G10 has a PM2 like texture and the blade could be used for stabbing as its super pointy. Its basically an elongated G10 native 5 with the attractive full length ss backspacer. The sprint version in s90v/CF Looks to be that much nicer as well as even lighter i assume.
66307C21-4FDB-4333-87B1-AB4248D909AF.jpeg 5CAC265D-DE4D-4B69-AF27-09495538AB05.jpeg
Lockup on my example is very solid for a lockback with no wiggle unless you grab the handle very tight to bear down then the lock can be depressed a little since there is no boye dent but i dont hard use much anyhow. Overall the chief makes a great large EDC imo.

The Tiger hard at work. It’s a little smokey by me I’m starting to feel and smell like a cooked marshmallow.
That’s a picture of the sun :eek:
BsnXR4T.jpg

tG6pelG.jpg

wFLsCsD.jpg

That Native Chief looks pretty sweet, Edgeoflife Edgeoflife . I was not much of a fan of back locks for a long time, but have warmed to them since, as I've used my Endura and Delica FRNs more, acquired those two models plus a Police4 in Pakkawood/Hap40, and carry my Police4 K390 fairly regularly. As much as I like those Police models and love my Millies too, the Chief is long and pointy and tip-up carry with the bonus of a lanyard hole at the proper end.

While I'm fine with S30V and G10, I wonder if there'll be another run of S90V and CF. BHQ lists that knife as out of stock but also advertises it as "Coming Soon!" Was that an exclusive with them? Very tempting either way...

Back