EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Sometimes my camera just refuses to take focused shots :mad:

7NongoQ.jpg

Yeah, I have been trying to grab a front flipper for a long time. Missed out on the Trappers and Zulus, Swayback was not really for me. Then last week I had it already in my cart the second it dropped in two different shops but lost it during checkout. Missed out in another shop as well before finally scoring this one! Great knife! Perfect EDC size, fantastic design. I love the blade shape, the pocket clip the titanium bolster with the micarta covers... The one thing that is a bit disappointing is that the action on mine is not very smooth. Maybe it will still break in a bit more, maybe I can try to disassemble it to clean the bearings. But I would get it again in a heart beat!

Hmm, blow out the bearings with some compressed air then throw a little CLP or KPL in there. My Apache is super smooth, I cut myself twice just playing with it because its drops shut. Had to pay more attention.

Great grab!! I passed on the Zulu and I'm bummed. The trapper is awesome too but thr Apache is by far my favorite. Congrats again!

This morning I woke up to pitch black (no moon) and 0°C...but what a great day to be on the water!!6AA39EAC-CB05-41BF-91DA-33B583E7B723.jpeg
Had a mallard warn the resident birds as we silently launched our canoe off the muddy bank. They all went into hiding.
Things didn't work out this morning in our favour...warning quacks, super calm clear morning, not a cloud in the sky when the fog lifted.
F8166D30-27A3-4775-B43B-BE0FA7E0165D.jpeg
For opening day, the birds wanted nothing to do with our spread or calls. Had a bunch come in hot and high, and landing way too far for anything but a hail mary shot.
Decided to relocate the spread around 10:00am and what do ya know...one ain’t bad. Outsmarted him! Better than zero! Haha.
44F4929A-4E54-48CC-8F39-B318AD9D8DC3.jpeg C7CF5A94-85E8-4BEB-A610-8EE170E0D5F6.jpeg
Sorry to disappoint ya’ll on the “mound of birds” request. ;) So I’ll leave a photo of a decent size river walleye from last night for ya.
FF3608EC-E38D-4158-A2AA-8DAF6499F093.jpeg
All in all, no matter how many birds knocked down, whether zero or limit...there is nothing better than being out in the water, as the sun rises, hearing the calls of nature and being with my favorite hunting partner...my brother.

A fishing adventure is calling tomorrow morning. I’m beat...so I’ll be passing out shortly.
I hope everyone’s saturday treated them well. Live your life to the fullest, everyday...

I’d like to thank everyone for the warm welcome I received in this thread yesterday. Seems like a fun, tight-knit community to be a part of.

Anyway, I opted for the Viper Katla for a beautiful Saturday afternoon...
9wqy7Lo.jpg
7PSkQno.jpg

Nice lookin knife, and nice upgrade to your membership from a stand-up guy. Looking forward to more posts from you.

This morning I woke up to pitch black (no moon) and 0°C...but what a great day to be on the water!!View attachment 1422235
Had a mallard warn the resident birds as we silently launched our canoe off the muddy bank. They all went into hiding.
Things didn't work out this morning in our favour...warning quacks, super calm clear morning, not a cloud in the sky when the fog lifted.
View attachment 1422236
For opening day, the birds wanted nothing to do with our spread or calls. Had a bunch come in hot and high, and landing way too far for anything but a hail mary shot.
Decided to relocate the spread around 10:00am and what do ya know...one ain’t bad. Outsmarted him! Better than zero! Haha.
View attachment 1422239 View attachment 1422237
Sorry to disappoint ya’ll on the “mound of birds” request. ;) So I’ll leave a photo of a decent size river walleye from last night for ya.
View attachment 1422238
All in all, no matter how many birds knocked down, whether zero or limit...there is nothing better than being out in the water, as the sun rises, hearing the calls of nature and being with my favorite hunting partner...my brother.

A fishing adventure is calling tomorrow morning. I’m beat...so I’ll be passing out shortly.
I hope everyone’s saturday treated them well. Live your life to the fullest, everyday...
Man, those are some truly excellent shots of what must’ve been a really great day! Lovin it!!

That’s a great knife!
I’ve been carrying mine all week!

It also happens to be the most expensive knife I’ll EVER own.

-At least when you factor in it was my gateway knife and I’ve way overspent on knives & stuff in the last 4-1/2 years. :D

Z Zeroedin , welcome to Bladeforums. I just gifted you a membership. Hang around and enjoy!

Cheers!

@BD_01 - Wow! Thank you very much, that’s incredibly generous of you and truly appreciated. Gotta say, I’m blown away by the friendly and welcoming reception I’ve been treated to here. Once I get up to speed I hope to have an opportunity to pay it forward.

Again, thank you....and have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Matt

I echo your black blade sentiments Lee, along with the schmexy Delica combo. They really nailed That one. And I support your Manbuggage as well! :)
And I’ll echo it a little farther ;)
I love how on this DLT Exclusive they went with a gold on the etching:thumbsup: Against the black DLC.
U985BEt.jpg

jnCw6lE.jpg
Add some filet mignon right off the grill and we might just have a winner :D topped with a mirror symmetrical edge.
cRNwsZT.jpg

Last edited:
Back