EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Yes the same with mine but like you mentioned they smooth out easily and it’s worth it to me it looks so good ! It’s a hefty knife but feels so balanced and solid in hand.
The action really is good to smooth as silk !
Hey - a quick question. The finish on ours looks exactly the same - I think that is stone wash finish on the blade. I can't remember. Do you know what it is called? I ask because I saw some others recently that looked a bit more like a working finish from Hinderer (more wear, trails, less smooth etc). Do you know if they have had different finish options - or were they just likely to be stonewash with more wear? Thanks

Another chunky chopper today - Chaves Ultramar 229.

UOBcFHZ.jpg

Dfk9at8.jpg

Okmjqpl.jpg

Hey - a quick question. The finish on ours looks exactly the same - I think that is stone wash finish on the blade. I can't remember. Do you know what it is called? I ask because I saw some others recently that looked a bit more like a working finish from Hinderer (more wear, trails, less smooth etc). Do you know if they have had different finish options - or were they just likely to be stonewash with more wear? Thanks
Hey Brother they did have two finish options and the one you and I have is called a beadblast no Satin. I think the other option was a stonewash but did look like a working finish. I prefer beadblast like what we have :thumbsup:
They both do look good though.

Hey Brother they did have two finish options and the one you and I have is called a beadblast no Satin. I think the other option was a stonewash but did look like a working finish. I prefer beadblast like what we have :thumbsup:
They both do look good though.
Thanks - that explains it. I didn't realize they had more than one option. I also prefer ours but agree that the other finish looks pretty good as well. Cheers mate. :):thumbsup:

Yikes man :eek:, I don’t think I’d leave the house without my .44 mag
Were I live you have to worry more about 2 legged animals even though I’m in a somewhat rural area lol and pretty much I’m always armed for bear... well maybe not bear but smaller game :p:D
It’s nice living in a state we’re you can carry with permits :thumbsup:

Were I live you have to worry more about 2 legged animals even though I’m in a somewhat rural area lol and pretty much I’m always armed for bear... well maybe not bear but smaller game :p:D
It’s nice living in a state we’re you can carry with permits :thumbsup:
I’m in Iowa, that has quietly developed a small mountain lion population, so I always carry a big bore when I go out to the farm, but around town all ya gotta worry about is meth junkies and an occasional loose dog. I’ve carried for 20 years now and I’ve only had to draw a pistol a couple times.

I’m in Iowa, that has quietly developed a small mountain lion population, so I always carry a big bore when I go out to the farm, but around town all ya gotta worry about is meth junkies and an occasional loose dog. I’ve carried for 20 years now and I’ve only had to draw a pistol a couple times.
It’s true what they say when your adrenaline is going everything goes into detailed slow motion. Once in a annual Recertification we just finished the classroom part and some guy was loading his gun for his drive home even though no ammo was allowed in the classroom. He was about 2 ft behind me and racked a round and his weapon went off. Everything went super slow mo I could see little particles floating in the air mixed with smoke. The firearms instructor was yelling at this guy and it was unreal how slow he was moving and yelling and when the round went off it sounded like a cap gun but later my ears had a slight ringing going on.The round went threw a wall down the hallway into the women’s bathroom. Thank goodness no one was hurt !
While they were in the process of firing this guy because accidental discharges were automatic grounds for termination they had to go threw the proper channels. 2 days later he still wasnt fired and at the shooting range my luck the guy was in the lane next to me :eek:
So I moved to the far end of the range shooting down the side of a wall which I hated but felt safer lol.
Only had to draw my weapon once when a guy thought it would be funny to walk behind me and then to my side and reach into his vest like he was pulling out a gun when I was serving a ATM machine. Unsnapped and spun around drawing my weapon and the guys eyes got as big as flying saucers. Said he was only kidding and I didn’t even know this idiot.
Everything was in real time no slo mode though lol.

Back