EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Hmm, blow out the bearings with some compressed air then throw a little CLP or KPL in there. My Apache is super smooth, I cut myself twice just playing with it because its drops shut. Had to pay more attention.

Great grab!! I passed on the Zulu and I'm bummed. The trapper is awesome too but thr Apache is by far my favorite. Congrats again!
Thank you! I will try that!

JssYnpV.jpg

Being new to knives, I’ve wanted to try as many styles, sizes and materials as possible just to get a feel for what I like/don’t like.

One of the first knives to catch my eye was the Mnandi. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about wood scales long term, so I purchased the MKM Fara.

As it turns out, it’s one of my favorite knives at the moment....and the one I usually turn to on Sundays or dressier evenings out.

I hope it’s not poor form to post several pics, but I’m struggling to figure out how to photograph knives. I’m used to posting pics of watches...which tend to be a bit easier to capture.

Plus, the Steelers game isn’t on here.....so I’m a bit bored. Lol, hope sharing my team didn’t just put me in the crapper with a bunch of you guys.
31DlDBw.jpg
44p1OGH.jpg
0U7Dz0B.jpg
BfzY5Am.jpg

Being new to knives, I’ve wanted to try as many styles, sizes and materials as possible just to get a feel for what I like/don’t like.

One of the first knives to catch my eye was the Mnandi. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about wood scales long term, so I purchased the MKM Fara.

As it turns out, it’s one of my favorite knives at the moment....and the one I usually turn to on Sundays or dressier evenings out.

I hope it’s not poor form to post several pics, but I’m struggling to figure out how to photograph knives. I’m used to posting pics of watches...which tend to be a bit easier to capture.

Plus, the Steelers game isn’t on here.....so I’m a bit bored. Lol, hope sharing my team didn’t just put me in the crapper with a bunch of you guys.
31DlDBw.jpg
44p1OGH.jpg
0U7Dz0B.jpg
BfzY5Am.jpg
Big time Bears Fan, and I forgive you your miss placed loyalty - right now ANY football is good in my books, and any team!

Also a watch guy, and you’re right, pics of knives are a different animal!

.......oh, and FWIW both are teams are winning as I post this, although Denver have the ball in your game, with 7 mins to go!

Good luck!

1E16CD95-0E02-4786-86B9-1C0AA5D8EA1B.jpeg 8CEB117E-031F-46C7-B31B-ECF7F930F23C.jpeg

I've always been a big fan of the Benchmade Griptilian despite my distaste for their stock Noryl handles and, as a consequence, have re-scaled all those I've acquired save a 550-1 I got for my wife and a 551-1702, both of which have factory upgraded scales. I've also developed a taste for Kevin Wilkins' GX2 replacement scales and sport those on three of the 5 Grips I presently own. I was disappointed to read on Kevin's website that he'll no longer be making his scales as his market share has dried up and he'll be selling off his remaining stock. As I've wanted to replace the 550 I sold off a while ago and rescale it with GX2's, I was pleased to grab one off the exchange last night and ordered a flame-anodized Ti set from Wilkins right away.

In appreciation for that acquisition, today I've been carrying my all-Wilkins Grip--blade, scales, backspacer, and clip--which has the guts of a 551 hiding somewhere inside.

f9nNWOa.jpg

LBhukbf.jpg

PWzp45y.jpg

I’m used to posting pics of watches...which tend to be a bit easier to capture.
Your pics are excellent! Don’t hesitate to throw some watch shots up anytime too :)
Front flipping today, Rufus did photobomb me, finally got a decent picture.
1R7syE3.jpg

7WlT3k3.jpg
I’m guessing you did the ano on that feist, huh Zep? Looks awesome! I dig the color. Give Rufus some scritches for me
Lol! Serious kit tho.. Love this!

Just a quick sloppy Sunday shot for me
375B5448-C22A-4CCE-BC8C-791CF23CED11.jpeg

Another wonderful ride today even better then yesterday. Beautiful sunny skies and low 70’s with nice clean fresh air.
What a ride !
Took a pic of my carry and few in the woods for everyone to hopefully enjoy :)
I will spare you guys and gals anymore of my bike since your probably tired of seeing it lol even though I’m not :D It’s so ready for the track dyno tuned to perfection and think I’ve got the perfect gearing on it now. Wasn’t sure if it would have enough legs for my local race track down the straightaway. But I found a nice rural road I scoped out with a nice straight and no one could pull out. I would only kill myself or a animal if it ran out from the woods. Nice smooth road :thumbsup: Normally I do my testing at the track but since my local track is still closed I couldn’t wait any longer had to test her out. Anyway took her up to about 140Ish something and still had a little more left in 4th and still 5th and 6th to go. But I got out of it as that was enough for me to see I should be set for the track because 160 is about as far as I’ll take her since turn one is a tight right after the straight then hard on the brakes leading to a sharp left hander. As she sits now 180ish should be obtainable .Anyway thanks for listening :DI’m just so excited how well my bike runs and actually scares me a little how it pulls so crazy hard.
To the pics loving this DLT Delica a great carry on my bike :thumbsup:
wnPKZ1T.jpg

bqyGzHX.jpg

PM2mQz6.jpg

Last edited:
Back