EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I’ve got my “Lille” friend riding along with me this afternoon. Again, not the most practical blade in the world....but geez do I enjoy this knife:
QDElbvO.jpg
cKHLQ9b.jpg
g7gUR6O.jpg

That's a real shame. Hopefully you make it through the day with that ridiculous thing. If you run into a task to tough for that "knife" though, you can always get one of the thousand new delivery services to bring you a utility knife from a local hardware store.

I’m with T.L.E. on this one...you can always feel free to send that to me...to make sure it works properly and is safe for your day to day cutting chores. Consider it a public service. ;)

Z Zeroedin - I'm liking the look of those Vipers. You have good words for them?

I’ll preface this by saying that I’m fairly new to knives, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I just don’t have the experience to offer truly knowledgeable input yet. I’m also not sure if you’re asking about the Lille specifically...or Vipers in general.

Having said that, my “early stage binge-buying” resulted in three Vipers; a Katla, an Orso and a Lille.

I’m honestly very impressed with all three. No problems with the action, the blades are all pretty much dead-nuts centered and they were all extremely sharp right out of the box.

My only negative so far is in regard to the carbon fiber on the Katla. While it’s a beautiful marbled design, there were a few “loose” threads along the top portion of the scales, where it transitions to the back side. I hope I’m explaining that correctly...they were like tiny strands of hair just hanging loose from the scales. A light buffing removed them and they haven’t reappeared. No idea if that’s common with CF or just sloppy quality control.

Aside from that, the fit and finish seems on par with anything I’ve handled so far; well executed, with no visible blemishes and everything tight and true upon arrival.

In short, I’m very happy with them. The Lille is a bit of an odd design. I happen to love it, but if you’re at all interested in that one I’d watch a few reviews from folks with more experience in what to look for in a knife.

So here’s where I apologize to everyone for the long-ass, rambling reply to a fairly simple question. I tend to be a bit long-winded....but I don’t want to mislead anyone by trying to offer quick feedback that’s beyond my experience.

Anyway, I’ll close with pics. If I can answer any questions, just let me know. I’ll try to be short and concise from here on out. I promise.
uNVEst6.jpg
aTFqfZR.jpg
yD9Refg.jpg

Back