EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Been spending a lot of time in the garage lately modding stuff. Last night I tore up the now discontinued BM Vallation. De-assisted, removed safety and the heavy solid steel backspacer. Replaced with titanium standoffs milled down to the correct width, de-anodized the black and hand buffed the aluminum scales with steel wool. Changed the black deep carry clip to satin, and all satin hardware. Shaved off almost half an ounce of weight. Titanium thumbstuds are on their way in the mail.

HHi95c5.jpg

X8oYcdX.jpg

Lol, you’re a lot more confident mitigating knife slippage than I am.

Heck, I was trying to set a blade on my steering wheel for a pic the other day and finally said “Eff this!!” when it nearly slipped. Figured trying to explain that one to the ER doc just wasn’t worth the risk.

But buck naked in the shower with an open blade? That’s a whole different level of confidence and risk right there.

Haha. On a serious note; cool shot, cool knife.

:D:D:D

I was actually just setting the water temp to get ready to shower, realized the LUDT was clipped to my shorts and took that pic to be cheesy LOL! Also, right after that pic I dropped it on my foot:( It wasn’t pretty, but the knife is ok!

:D:D:D

I was actually just setting the water temp to get ready to shower, realized the LUDT was clipped to my shorts and took that pic to be cheesy LOL! Also, right after that pic I dropped it on my foot:( It wasn’t pretty, but the knife is ok!

Lol, yeah....kinda figured you weren’t actually soaping up with that in your hand. It’s also funny that after dropping the knife on your foot, we all go to the same place....”So how’s the knife?”

Haha, glad to hear the knife is ok, hope you’ve still got 10 toes in tact as well.

Going to carry this today.
View attachment 1496070

Is that the new Shiro Quantum, Mr. Sig? I want to try one pretty badly. Haha. One day, when one appears in Canada perhaps.

I am definitely using the lockout now but it’s close to a 3 second delay to start up and even then you start at moonlight. As I get older I find I am using my lights more often to see and find things more easily and that delay is not convenient.

That is the issue for sure Yimes. If the delay in unlocking the light is an issue, then it’s not ideal for sure.

View attachment 1496192
Victorinox Electrician and Spartan Harsey Folder

The electrician Alox is such an nice useful model. I love mine. :)

Been spending a lot of time in the garage lately modding stuff. Last night I tore up the now discontinued BM Vallation. De-assisted, removed safety and the heavy solid steel backspacer. Replaced with titanium standoffs milled down to the correct width, de-anodized the black and hand buffed the aluminum scales with steel wool. Changed the black deep carry clip to satin, and all satin hardware. Shaved off almost half an ounce of weight. Titanium thumbstuds are on their way in the mail.

HHi95c5.jpg

X8oYcdX.jpg

This looks super clean too!! Great job. Very very nice. :)

Ok, this caused me to do a triple-take. I’m really diggin’ it, gotta know what it is. Thanks.

Haha! Zero! I think you ask this question everytime someone posts a Shamwari. ;) Means you have to buy one to experience its magic. ;) Warning:they are quite expensive and come from Gareth and Jason Bull in South Africa. Good luck! ;) They are nice. :)

Its a Gareth Bull Shamwari 3" with a high polish Odin Heim Damasteel blade and pocketclip.

I love that the clip matches the blade, it’s absolutely gorgeous. Should’ve known it was a custom.

On a side note, I’ve got a file of custom-knife pics that gets longer by the day. I don’t know how you guys ever decide to pull the trigger and make the leap to that first one. I guess ya’ know it’s right when ya’ know it’s right?

Lol, I thought I had found “The One” in a sold out CultroTech Svarn II. Turned out to be 1 of 3 prototypes made. I reached out to the maker to ask about having one commissioned. “No problem” they said.

The cost? $25,000.

Bahahaha. I guess that’s one way to know when a knife isn’t “The One”.

Again, beautiful knife. Enjoy!

.....Haha! Zero! I think you ask this question everytime someone posts a Shamwari. ;) Means you have to buy one to experience its magic. ;) Warning:they are quite expensive and come from Gareth and Jason Bull in South Africa. Good luck! ;) They are nice. :)

Lol....yeah, I realized that the moment I started typing “G..” into Google. It was the first thing that popped up. Guess I’ve been down that path a few times already.

I’m starting to recognize a lot of models now. Unfortunately, so many of the knives you guys post catch my attention that the list just keeps getting longer and longer and I loose track of what’s what.

I may have to try and convince my wife to downsize the house or let me sell a kidney or something (hers, of course. I’m quite fond of the two I have).

I kid, obviously. I’m pretty sure she’d say “No!” to both.

But then, it never really hurts to ask...

Back