EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Helped my son, to prepare an Easter decoration :)

20210327-112647.jpg

Billy The Hungry

Basic Member
I like Kershaw too. And, yes, Sandvik steel is awesome.

But, almost every knife shown here is considered superior to Kershaw’s offerings.

It's the Indian, not the arrow, in most cases. You see very many higher end knives dirty and scratched up? A couple, sure. Dcdavis Dcdavis uses his expensive knives for work, but most do not. I guarantee your Kershaw will put in more work than many members $200 knives!

ChazzyP

Platinum Member

Sharp & Fiery

Keep ‘em Sharp
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's the Indian, not the arrow, in most cases. You see very many higher end knives dirty and scratched up? A couple, sure. Dcdavis Dcdavis uses his expensive knives for work, but most do not. I guarantee your Kershaw will put in more work than many members $200 knives!

I think that more than just a couple guys use their knives in this thread...I use mine at work too, but it’s actually quite hard to catch scratches in photos. Especially photos of CRK’s. ;)

Two knives of mine that see extensive work use...far away shot...they look BNIB...closeup, with some difficulty, shows some of the scratches.
BC983A51-1DF5-4679-B4A8-1C41B70AF817.jpeg FA5420B9-D4E3-4CBE-9058-6C86F8F1FDA6.jpeg

ChazzyP ChazzyP and WValtakis WValtakis and The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck also use their blades at work.
To be fair...I definitely have some “light use” and “fondler” blades as well.

Ps: I hope this doesn’t come across as rude...not my intention. Just sometimes things are not as they appear in photo’s. The bonus is that knife blades tend to wear very well. And also, yes, some of the posted knives here don’t see any use. Some folks are users, some folks are safe queen collectors, and some are both. :)

I definitely get where you are coming from though...a lot of great budget knives will see way more use than expensive knives in this thread...for sure!

Last edited:

Dcdavis

Gold Member
I think that more than just a couple guys use their knives in this thread...I use mine at work too, but it’s actually quite hard to catch scratches in photos. Especially photos of CRK’s. ;)

Two knives of mine that see extensive work use...far away shot...they look BNIB...closeup, with some difficulty, shows some of the scratches.
View attachment 1534889 View attachment 1534888

ChazzyP ChazzyP also uses his blades at work.
To be fair...I definitely have some “light use” and “fondler” blades as well.

Ps: I hope this doesn’t come across as rude...not my intention. Just sometimes things are not as they appear in photo’s. The bonus is that knife blades tend to wear very well. And also, yes, some of the posted knives here don’t see any use. Some folks are users, some folks are safe queen collectors, and some are both. :)

I definitely get where you are coming from though...a lot of great budget knives will see way more use than expensive knives in this thread...for sure!
E1EB36A0-DE43-4501-8A9B-4FE900E06135.jpeg Got my Inkosi with me again. I’m slowly becoming just a couple of knives guy, kinda like it that way better. Love using them tho. Slice right down the side of that EMT :D E8657352-BED7-48B4-959E-BF003B8D34E3.jpeg
I can’t speak for everyone but I do know several folks who work their higher end knives @Murphjd25 @Ajack60
@sailfish @Steel_Addiction You can’t hurt them. They’re a knife, they’ll dull and they’ll sharpen back up

Sharp & Fiery

Keep ‘em Sharp
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
B Billy The Hungry

I have a feeling a lot of scratched up blades are gonna make an appearance in this thread today. :) Thank you for that! :)

I must admit, I’m the kind of guy who has a “honeymoon” phase with my higher end blades. Sometimes take a year or two for me to finally stop caressing the knife and put it into actual use. :)

MRI MRI nice users!!

ferider

Gold Member

I do use all my favorite and also the expensive knives. The problem is I have so many :) So only a few get scratched up and it takes time to show usage.

Billy The Hungry

Basic Member
B Billy The Hungry

I have a feeling a lot of scratched up blades are gonna make an appearance in this thread today. :) Thank you for that! :)

I must admit, I’m the kind of guy who has a “honeymoon” phase with my higher end blades. Sometimes take a year or two for me to finally stop caressing the knife and put it into actual use. :)

MRI MRI nice users!!

I'm the same way! My knives most definitely go through a "honeymoon " phase. I typically keep one for actual work. The rest are babied, I do admit! Haha!

I love to see user knives, for sure. Sometimes seeing pristine knives all the time gets a little "dull"!
I do use all my favorite and also the expensive knives. The problem is I have so many :) So only a few get scratched up and it takes time to show usage.

That's a good thing, sir! I honestly shrunk my knife collection. I only have a few modern one hand knives now. I'm favoring quality over quantity these days. Although, I did just order a Gerber Sumo yesterday, haha. Don't judge me! Ha

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC