EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IyRgvSR.jpg

Wow, that’s an absolutely gorgeous Hudson, and beautiful pics as well! I’m also happy to see that you didn’t have to wait too long.

Again, beautiful addition ChazzyP. Congrats....and enjoy the heck out of it!
Thanks, Zed. I love Alex's work and am really happy to add Cheburkov number four to my accumulation--especially this one. :D

I appreciate the suggestion, but @Barman1 has generously offered to send along replacement screws with the matching thread as he has a dozen or so with T6 heads. There's also likely little chance that I'd ever need to take the clip off. This is just me obsessing over needlessly hard to match screw heads and not knowing what they are. :confused:

Probably Metric threads like my Fantoni?

They're definitely not Torx, as none of my Torx or Torx-plus drivers fit. They're so tiny that they're hard to see even under magnification, but they do seem to resemble Bristol screws. I'll see if I can get a decent close-up later and have been thinking about taking you up on your earlier offer, taking one out with my M2 pliers and sending it along. As I wrote to T tgtodd minutes ago, this is just me obsessing over something I have no real need to know or do. :rolleyes:
Maybe they are Torx Align tapered screws?
https://www.wihatools.com/catalog/product/view/id/11034/s/torx-align-insert-bit-2-pack/category/12/

I like Kershaw too. And, yes, Sandvik steel is awesome.

But, almost every knife shown here is considered superior to Kershaw’s offerings.

It's the Indian, not the arrow, in most cases. You see very many higher end knives dirty and scratched up? A couple, sure. @Dcdavis uses his expensive knives for work, but most do not. I guarantee your Kershaw will put in more work than many members $200 knives!

It's the Indian, not the arrow, in most cases. You see very many higher end knives dirty and scratched up? A couple, sure. @Dcdavis uses his expensive knives for work, but most do not. I guarantee your Kershaw will put in more work than many members $200 knives!

I think that more than just a couple guys use their knives in this thread...I use mine at work too, but it’s actually quite hard to catch scratches in photos. Especially photos of CRK’s. ;)

Two knives of mine that see extensive work use...far away shot...they look BNIB...closeup, with some difficulty, shows some of the scratches.
BC983A51-1DF5-4679-B4A8-1C41B70AF817.jpeg FA5420B9-D4E3-4CBE-9058-6C86F8F1FDA6.jpeg

ChazzyP ChazzyP and WValtakis WValtakis and @The Aflac Duck also use their blades at work.
To be fair...I definitely have some “light use” and “fondler” blades as well.

Ps: I hope this doesn’t come across as rude...not my intention. Just sometimes things are not as they appear in photo’s. The bonus is that knife blades tend to wear very well. And also, yes, some of the posted knives here don’t see any use. Some folks are users, some folks are safe queen collectors, and some are both. :)

I definitely get where you are coming from though...a lot of great budget knives will see way more use than expensive knives in this thread...for sure!

Last edited:
Back