EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

110-BF.jpg

Couldn't upload during the Great Time of Maintenance, so this is yesterday's photo -- but also today's carry. ;)

I know what to make of the 0462 (I've owned one before, albeit a different version), but I'm still wrapping my head around the Mini Adamas and where it fits into my rotation. It's like a Grip...but smaller, heavier, and tougher. It's like a Bugout...but thicker, heavier, and tougher. It's like my XM-18...but more compact, and in CRUWEAR. Fascinating little knife! :D

img

It's nice to have things up and running here again and is actually kinda fun watching for some of the features and capabilities to come back to life. Yesterday started out as Wickedly long and pointy Wooden Wednesday with my Pakkawood HAP40/SUS210 Police...

2UMEkkc.jpg

...but morphed into a two-carry day with USPS's early delivery of the REX 45 Native Chief I bought on the Exchange Sunday...

osWbC7c.jpg

...which is still long and pointy, though not as wickedly so and certainly not wooden.

gx2mt1b.jpg

I'm generally pretty pleased with this new one, which fits my hand nicely, has excellent action for a lockback, and came well-centered with nice grinds and toothily sharp. I've not much experience with "high carbon/low chromium" blades and will have to see how I feel about developing patina. I must have gotten a couple drops of water on it after washing my hands and setting the knife aside when heading off to bed and awoke to a few spots on the blade which I lessened considerably after much rubbing though that's really not the proper reaction to owning such a blade, is it?

This should hold its edge well, and while it's not as bright as my homing beacon FRN orange Endura, this night make a good woods knife when we're up on our Vermont acreage.

DdrpBgr.jpg

Last edited:
Back