EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

So I had to send my Fox Livri in this week. It ended up having a couple of issues I couldn't look past at the moment which made me pretty sad since I really liked that knife. But they are getting a replacement and it should be here next week! So stay tuned!

I had a carbon fibre Livri and the pivot would spin around. There wasn't any blade play, but the pivot would still spin around. I could move it with my fingers, or it'd move when opening/closing the blade. Since it follows the contours of the handles, that'd mean that it was no longer lined up and sharp edges were exposed. So it went back to the dealer for a refund. Did yours have the same problem?

WZqxetb.jpg

Not a problem! It's a Sandrin Knives Torino. It has a tungsten carbide blade, and is one of the scary-sharpest knives I've ever owned. It's at something insane like 71hrc as well. Not super cheap, but a fantastic off-hand pocket knife for sure.
I too was wondering what that funky red knife all the cool kids were posting was 😜. Sounds like a monster slicer. I dig it! 👍👍

I had a carbon fibre Livri and the pivot would spin around. There wasn't any blade play, but the pivot would still spin around. I could move it with my fingers, or it'd move when opening/closing the blade. Since it follows the contours of the handles, that'd mean that it was no longer lined up and sharp edges were exposed. So it went back to the dealer for a refund. Did yours have the same problem?
That is exactly the issue that it had! But mine was so snug that I actually had to push the blade into the handle all the way also. There was so much friction that the spring wouldn't take over. I'm hoping the replacement is better because I really enjoyed that knife.

That is exactly the issue that it had! But mine was so snug that I actually had to push the blade into the handle all the way also. There was so much friction that the spring wouldn't take over. I'm hoping the replacement is better because I really enjoyed that knife.

That's unfortunate. The fact that mine wasn't an isolated incident tells me that there's a definite design flaw that they overlooked. Bummer, because the carbon fibre Livri checked off so many boxes for me, short of spending the time/money on commissioning a custom. I hope your replacement doesn't have this issue, but I'm gonna stay tuned to any updates you may give.

Back