EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

i-qqSfD7q-X4.jpg

Happy 4th, all.

Simply perfect, wow.

Just had to sing the praises of miniature pocket tools real quick. Sometimes they are seen as just an EDC gimmick, or something to use when you should've had the right tool for the job; but sometimes they are the right tool for the job. A small gear on the actuator for the dual climate zone in my ride went out, and it was blowing hot air out of the vents for the passenger side. Luckily it was an easy fix, but in rather tight quarters. The Wera ratchet came in particularly handy, and while I did have to take the glove box out, I was able to get in and make the repair without having to go any further with disassembly. Lord knows how much the dealership or a shop would've charged to replace this $10 part.

Anyhow, back to our regularly scheduled programing. Enjoy the rest of your 4th, friends!

Bwu9Onb.jpg

I had one of my Biryukov's out of the Russian drawer earlier for Sigma Sunday but had a well, duh moment as I really shoulda picked something American and more appropriate for the Fourth. Color-wise, I did the red part yesterday on this celebratory weekend, with my USA-made and emblazoned RHK Skinny Sheepsfoot. Today I've got the blue and stripes part covered with another American made knife, my pimped 0801. I don't really carry this one as the bright, finely-sanded Ti bolsters scratch so easily and I'm glad to have my BW version for EDC and work use as this Rexford design is one of my favorite patterns. A special knife for a special day, though....

ZdByaCF.jpg

79OE3k2.jpg

Have a Happy Fourth of July, y'all!

KSx1KZL.jpg

Last edited:
Back