EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

29594857_645.jpg

This one arrived today, just got around to opening it tonight so it’ll be my evening “kick-back-n-chill couch carry”.

Over the past 6 months, along with a slew of edc knives my “collection” has been trending more toward limited editions and knives that strike me as having somewhat unique attributes. I don’t own anything extraordinary or truly collectible, it’s just that occasionally a knife may strike a chord/resonate with me because of the story behind it….or because I’m not likely to see another exactly like it.

While not limited in production, the Boker M4 Sherman caught my eye the moment it was first released. As always, first and foremost I was simply drawn to the size, design and aesthetics. I had some reservations; one of which stemmed from a German manufacturer collaborating on a tribute to an American tank from WWII…but the Nichols forged blade eventually sold me on the knife. At the end of the day, I just like the concept and the history….and while I’m a little unclear on the exact details, I love the idea that actual steel from Sherman tanks is being used to produce the Damasteel.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded backstory. I’m a retired guy sitting at home watching TV with my wife on a Saturday night….and she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in hearing why this knife found its way to our doorstep today. That means the burden falls on you all.

If you read this far, thanks for listening. If ya bailed by the second paragraph…I don’t blame ya’ one bit. Regardless, have a great evening.

F6FA1AFA-CFDE-4A28-AA45-0CF90A8A44A6.jpeg511DE4A6-2D9A-4F1F-9499-3F83765A8775.jpeg

Back