EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

This small Sebenza was nagging me the entire time I was getting ready this morning…..whining and bitching about feeling neglected and needing to get some fresh air.

When a knife starts speaking to me I always find myself in the same conundrum; do I cut back on the meds….or do I simply double the dose?
View attachment 1637989View attachment 1637990View attachment 1637991
I say double up ! 😁
When my knives start talking to me I just have another drink and or put them in the safe so it’s more muffled 😂

Posting for yesterday, as by the time I got in last night relaxing and self-medicating a foot injury was more of a priority. Hiked up to a glacier fed lake in the mountains with my son yesterday, a lake known for it's stunning water color. The hike was about 11 miles altogether, with a 3,400ft or so elevation gain. We explored around the lake for a couple of hours as well. There were some fun rock fields to scramble across, berries were plentiful and as plump as I've ever seen them, and views were spectacular. Had an amazing day.

We were in the clouds pretty much the whole way up. I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't be able to see across the lake when we got there. The trail is fairly steep, but according to my son we averaged 4.3mph on the way up.

gUjde1a.jpg

However, my worries were unfounded, as soon enough we arrived to this view (note the glacier in the background). Actually I couldn't have asked for better views, with the clouds opening up just enough to not obscure the lake, while still reminding you that you are in fact in the clouds.

L3DV4S3.jpg

W0PmujN.jpg

CLNmk3B.jpg

Fxr2WwR.jpg

GUaxWri.jpg

cb97XOX.jpg

And on the 7th day, I rest...

Still in the clouds a bit this morning ;). As I mentioned earlier I'm nursing a foot injury (not received on my hike yesterday, but rather on a hike last week). Probably not the greatest idea to hike 11 miles on it yesterday, but my son really wanted to go, and adventure called (no regrets whatsoever). Anyhow, the plan for now is to chill out and watch some football. Today is also my eldest kiddo's b-day so I might change carry to go out to eat in a bit, but a the moment it's "why so serious?" around the house carry.

I can't believe I caught that reflection so well in the coffee. Total accident.

M2e36Yl.jpg

1iFk6KN.jpg

Posting for yesterday, as by the time I got in last night relaxing and self-medicating a foot injury was more of a priority. Hiked up to a glacier fed lake in the mountains with my son yesterday, a lake known for it's stunning water color. The hike was about 11 miles altogether, with a 3,400ft or so elevation gain. We explored around the lake for a couple of hours as well. There were some fun rock fields to scramble across, berries were plentiful and as plump as I've ever seen them, and views were spectacular. Had an amazing day.

We were in the clouds pretty much the whole way up. I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't be able to see across the lake when we got there. The trail is fairly steep, but according to my son we averaged 4.3mph on the way up.

gUjde1a.jpg

However, my worries were unfounded, as soon enough we arrived to this view (note the glacier in the background). Actually I couldn't have asked for better views, with the clouds opening up just enough to not obscure the lake, while still reminding you that you are in fact in the clouds.

L3DV4S3.jpg

W0PmujN.jpg

CLNmk3B.jpg

Fxr2WwR.jpg

GUaxWri.jpg

cb97XOX.jpg
Great pics! Looks like a good place for Sasquatch to grab a drink 👣😳👣

Day 2 with the new blade, making this a Swish Sunday. I added some color to it with the first length cut from my recently acquired hank of 550 Desert Heat along with a placeholder bead while I await the one I ordered from the artsy crafts site. The knife is breaking in very nicely as the action seemingly becomes even smoother and freer with every flip. Great edge on this baby too. 😲

505zb3Q.jpg

YtfWAPF.jpg

Last edited:
ChazzyP ChazzyP the swish looks fantastic! It's been on my want list since release! If I ever save up and get one it's going to WValtakis WValtakis for an engraving idea I have!!
Thanks, brother. I'm sure Chip could manage some serious magic with one of their plain-handled models. Or...get one full of random holes and make our boy work around those, though he'd likely pull off something remarkable regardless. ;)

gUjde1a.jpg

L3DV4S3.jpg

W0PmujN.jpg

CLNmk3B.jpg

Fxr2WwR.jpg

GUaxWri.jpg

cb97XOX.jpg
These are the types of places I dream about exploring/living one day. Man I could soak this view up for years and never get tired of it. What a fun experience I bet that was. Hope your foot is healing well, and thank you for sharing such gorgeous pictures!

Update to September carry.
In today's mail call: A like new C&C SFO* Buck 110 with Oak covers and 5160 blade.
(Has to be a C&C. Thery're the only ones who had Buck knives with a 5160 blade.)
Anyhow, y'all know how tiz when you get a new knife. You just gotta carry it.
The 4 pin 7OT is locked up again.
The GEC Tideoute 828216 Dixie Stockman, Northfield UN-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack, and (based on can opener and pen 4th blade) 1945 to 1948 Imperial Engineer's knife remain.
View attachment 1638977

Last edited:
Knives&Lint Knives&Lint wow !! Absolutely stunningly Beautiful pictures 😮

Great pics! Looks like a good place for Sasquatch to grab a drink 👣😳👣

These are the types of places I dream about exploring/living one day. Man I could soak this view up for years and never get tired of it. What a fun experience I bet that was. Hope your foot is healing well, and thank you for sharing such gorgeous pictures!

Many thanks friends! And yes, RyanSean, it has been a dream living in the area and exploring the outdoors for the past 4 years. When people from back home can't understand why I move out here I just so them the pictures and they get it. Next season I think I'll try backpacking in and camping up there.

Back