EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I’m sure if you’ve posted this knife before I’ve asked this question before….in which case I apologize for the age-induced loss of my short term memory, but I gotta ask again….what is this beauty? Thanks!
Thanks. It’s a Berg Blades Iron Pup. It’s the mini version of the Iron Wolf (which is discontinued, unfortunately). I just got it a few days ago. I’d love to get the full size Iron Wolf if I can find one.

The ZT0561 will be braking down boxes today.
Zewpij0.jpg

Thanks. It’s a Berg Blades Iron Pup. It’s the mini version of the Iron Wolf (which is discontinued, unfortunately). I just got it a few days ago. I’d love to get the full size Iron Wolf if I can find one.
Is it discontinued really?! I sold mine a couple years ago and miss it so much, but I didn't know Matt wasn't making them anymore. I had an Iron Pup and sold it too because I like the size of the Wolf better. Maybe I gotta pick up another pup to have

Knife charcuterie board! These bad boys all came in today, except for the Amalgam which came two days ago, but I did a little work on it today to improve the compression lock.

Anyway, from left to right:
Spyderco Amalgam
Hinderer XM-18 3.5 Slicer
WE Knives Thug
Custom Fixie I designed in 20cv made by Mr. Robert Erickson Robert Erickson who nailed it 100%. Check him out if you haven't.

Also! This is my very first Hinderer folder. The XM-18 has been one I've wanted for a long time and getting one is a huge deal for me lol end of rambling!

20210913_130655_copy_2822x1271.jpg

Is it discontinued really?! I sold mine a couple years ago and miss it so much, but I didn't know Matt wasn't making them anymore. I had an Iron Pup and sold it too because I like the size of the Wolf better. Maybe I gotta pick up another pup to have
From what I’ve read , the Iron Wolf has been discontinued for a while. I’d love a full size knife like the Wolf. But the Pup is made so well and is so solid that I’ve fallen for the smaller size. But I’ll continue to hunt for the Iron Wolf. The fit and finish is some of the best I’ve seen.

From what I’ve read , the Iron Wolf has been discontinued for a while. I’d love a full size knife like the Wolf. But the Pup is made so well and is so solid that I’ve fallen for the smaller size. But I’ll continue to hunt for the Iron Wolf. The fit and finish is some of the best I’ve seen.
I thought he was just not making them for a while to focus on Pups. The iron wolf was one of the smoothest knives I've ever had. I really want the fixed blade version as well. The Pup was just on the verge of being too small for me, add that with the thickness and it just wasn't my favorite. It grew on me enough to where I'd get it again though.

I thought he was just not making them for a while to focus on Pups. The iron wolf was one of the smoothest knives I've ever had. I really want the fixed blade version as well. The Pup was just on the verge of being too small for me, add that with the thickness and it just wasn't my favorite. It grew on me enough to where I'd get it again though.
I’m not really a small knife guy either. But I found this knife so attractive that I was willing to deal with it’s miniature size. It’s just under 4 inches closed. And it makes a great EDC where a smaller knife is preferred. I’m thinking of buying another one just so I have two.

I’m not really a small knife guy either. But I found this knife so attractive that I was willing to deal with it’s miniature size. It’s just under 4 inches closed. And it makes a great EDC where a smaller knife is preferred. I’m thinking of buying another one just so I have two.
I may get another soon, maybe even a Fanatic Edge customized version. They're very well made little knives. Especially for EDC

HPmK0dw.jpg

Victorinox Classic SD in "Night Dive" coloration. I embraced the utility of the lowly Classic SD one year on vacation, when it was the only knife I carried all week. Like magic, it was the only knife I needed that week too. I still enjoy going to a 54mm Victorinox as my primary blade - often carried under the shirt with a AAA light on a neck lanyard.

yCFc6MZ.jpg

I had two medical appointments today and, as the first was PT in basically athletic clothing, I carried my man bag for all my usual pocket stuff. It's Micarta Monday and, as it wasn't in pocket, I went for one of my modern slip joints in its CK slip--the lionSTEEL Dom in natural canvas. I'm not used to traditionals and have to be extra careful not to clip my finger off when closing. The M390 blade on this one is wicked sharp. :eek:

RU6mu8w.jpg

2H6x3Fb.jpg

Last edited:
Back