EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Went on a little hike today. I had planned on doing a pretty tough one up to a fire lookout this morning, but a changing forecast that called for heavy clouds rolling in forced me to reconsider. Nevertheless I had the itch to get out, so I chose a hike that I typically do earlier in the season in lower elevation. Even though it's only just over 5 miles, it's still plenty steep, and the views at the top are spectacular. To add a little bit of a challenge, I hold my fast on this one and don't eat anything all morning until after I get back down. There's a nice lake at the bottom to relax by and refuel afterwards.

Headed up there
02CrzAb.jpg

View from the top
sQoQiTL.jpg

0YdWh8l.jpg

hfiHxJO.jpg

7K2PC4Z.jpg

JdFKVQK.jpg

Gepobif.jpg

Back down at the lake
SvPEKB3.jpg

VSGFxAh.jpg

dWYCdxN.jpg

Last edited:
Titanium and tritium Tuesday 😎

View attachment 1640243
I’m sure I’ve seen it before.
I’m sure I’ve said it before.
I’m sure I’ll see it again.
And I’m sure I’ll say it again….

But the engraving and tritium work you did on that knife (I don’t recall which model it is) looks absolutely stunning. I mean, I hit the brakes wicked hard and came to a screeching halt when I rolled up on the pic.

One of these days I’m still planning to send one to you and ask you to go to town on it. At this point, I think that instead of trying to choose a knife I already have, I’d rather wait until I stumble upon something that immediately makes me think “Yep, this is the perfect canvas for Chip’s work!” I think I’ll know it when I see it.

Again, gorgeous work. And if you wouldn’t mind reminding me what that knife is I sure wiu appreciate it. Thanks!

I’m sure I’ve seen it before.
I’m sure I’ve said it before.
I’m sure I’ll see it again.
And I’m sure I’ll say it again….

But the engraving and tritium work you did on that knife (I don’t recall which model it is) looks absolutely stunning. I mean, I hit the brakes wicked hard and came to a screeching halt when I rolled up on the pic.

One of these days I’m still planning to send one to you and ask you to go to town on it. At this point, I think that instead of trying to choose a knife I already have, I’d rather wait until I stumble upon something that immediately makes me think “Yep, this is the perfect canvas for Chip’s work!” I think I’ll know it when I see it.

Again, gorgeous work. And if you wouldn’t mind reminding me what that knife is I sure wiu appreciate it. Thanks!
Thanks! It's a full Ti slab knock-off of a Strider SMF, a buddy gave it to me when I was looking for titanium stuff to practice engraving on...I call it the Stri-duhr 😂

Felt a little creative before bed and took one more shot of part of my carry tomorrow. This ZT 0762 is such a beautiful knife in every area that I love more and more every day. This knife really amazes me and the fact that ZT can produce a knife that to me feels as good or better then a 1000 dollar custom or even upwards for a fraction of the price amazes me even more . The action, the feel in hand , the fit and finish and it’s such a great slicer. It does all this but is light as a feather yet feels solid like a tank!
Bravo ZT on this beautiful in house design !

COW9vJu.jpg

Last edited:
Back