EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Kinda hard to figure where to start today. I knew going in that the bead I ordered for the new Swish was at my PO and expected that the Firetac I'd bought off the Exchange would be available for pick up as tracking had it in USPS local distribution heading this way starting yesterday afternoon. If that all came through I'd replace the bead on the Swish and move the lanyard from the ZT0640 that I'll be selling onto the Hinderer that's replacing it. With all that in mind I figured I'd introduce another knife into the equation and make this a Scout Saturday as I'd been PMing with a member here about Cheburkov dealers.

4l7Vdj0.jpg

IIF40LF.jpg

Here's the new-to-me Firetac that knocked the Scout out my pocket after transferring the lanyard from the ZT. I'm really pleased with everything about this new RHK--numerous mods, Battleblack finish, OD Micarta show side, blade steel, action, sharpness, among its many attributes. I'm sure it will with me tomorrow and I'll have plenty of thoughts to share going forward.

cbHsAxW.jpg

1Ux2MUp.jpg

How similar is the firetac in feel to a benchmade 710 ChazzyP ChazzyP ???

I love the 710 and the shape of the hinderer looks similar
The 710 is a great favorite of mine too. I still have three of the six I've owned--two gifted and the one combo-bladed sold. I just snapped the pic below for you of my user D2 710, the new Firetac, and, just for the helluvit, the154CM user of my two 705's, which are the true little brothers of 710's.

The 710 blade in the pic measures 3 15/16" while the Firetac's is 3 5/8" of CPM20CV. The weight feels comparable in hand as does the grip, although there's a slight advantage to the raised thumb ramp on the Benchmade. The blade shapes are close with the RHK having a bit more belly and the BMK slightly more re-curve.

I hadn't initially thought of the similarity between the two, though it might have come to me later. I'm glad you mentioned it and perhaps that's why I'm so taken with my new acquisition.

Z7cElPB.jpg

The 710 is a great favorite of mine too. I still have three of the six I've owned--two gifted and the one combo-bladed sold. I just snapped the pic below for you of my user D2 710, the new Firetac, and, just for the helluvit, the154CM user of my two 705's, which are the true little brothers of 710's.

The 710 blade in the pic measures 3 15/16" while the Firetac's is 3 5/8" of CPM20CV. The weight feels comparable in hand as does the grip, although there's a slight advantage to the raised thumb ramp on the Benchmade. The blade shapes are close with the RHK having a bit more belly and the BMK slightly more re-curve.

I hadn't initially thought of the similarity between the two, though it might have come to me later. I'm glad you mentioned it and perhaps that's why I'm so taken with my new acquisition.

Z7cElPB.jpg
Beautiful and thank you for the comparisons!!

I had not thought how much it reminded me of a 710 till your pics!!

Def on my future list now!!

Thank you so much

I was carrying my R&D MagnaCut Edge-C XL but it was mostly to get a feel for the steel. It's about as large as I would want to go for a necker, but at 4.4 oz (with the sheath), I am done carrying it every day. I just finished up a little something in LC200N and dremel checkered Suretouch, which, at 2.8 oz (with the sheath), is a suitable replacement. It is now around my neck with my house key, and I don't anticipate that changing any time soon.

IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG

Back