EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

OTLLd0J.jpg

"Cricket Pillar" (Pilar) and Victorinox Swisstool Spirit X today for unpacking and setting up house. I expect the cricket will break down a lot of boxes to fit in my tiny recycle bin; we'll see how the 8Cr steel holds up.

By the way, it's not a bad idea to actually post the make & model of the knife you post, too. We don't all know all knives by sight... (Esp. n00bies)

Gary its a Great knife at a very reasonable cost! I'm wondering if they're coming out with any new models this year...

Good question, I know they are always thinking of something you can PM to @Lyubomir Trayanov to see what he might know about this up coming year.
G2

By the way, it's not a bad idea to actually post the make & model of the knife you post, too. We don't all know all knives by sight... (Esp. n00bies)

I get what you're saying, brother, and sometimes I post make and/or model and sometimes not.

I still sorta consider myself a noob some four years in as a member and even now don't know all the knives, makes, models, numbers. Part of the fun of the hobby and the internet is searching around to find out what something is. I so often learn a lot more in the process than what I was looking for originally. It often leads to an unexpected loss of dough too. :oops:

The other fun part is just asking in the thread and initiating a bit of back and forth. Members here are most always more than happy to share and go on a bit about what they're showing off.

Anyway, today it's my Benchmade 581 Barrage in M390 steel with a number of small mods--de-assisted, backspacer and lock removed in favor of standoffs, with thumb studs and bolster screws changed out to black. I'm not one that favors a close blade-to-handle ratio with my chunky old arthritic carpenter's mitts. I like a lot to hang onto and this Barrage fits my hand just great.

2KT4viF.jpg

JTpIe53.jpg

BTW, I'll be very happy when Imgur gets their advanced edit tools back up and running so I can tighten up my pics again. :(

Back