1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20190111_123340.jpg
    With most of my moderns off to mother ship or REK I'm down to the TR4 or the Endura.

2. herisson

herisson Knuckle dragging and mean minded Neanderthal Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Currently, I use these extensively for their intended tasks. They are awesome (and this is an understatement...) One of them is on my belt all day (the middle one or the lower one, moods, just moods...)[​IMG]

3. DRLyman

DRLyman Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2016
    So far, so good. I went with the 3V steel. I wipe it down with a Tuf-Cloth or Corrosion-X once a week. That may be overkill, but it brings back that deep black color of the blade.
    This week it’s been soaked pretty good in my pocket twice and I just dry it off afterwards. No markings or scratches on the blade from cutting anything yet.

dc50, Fullflat and Wolverine666 like this.
  4. MeritedEdge

MeritedEdge

Jan 3, 2018
  5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
  6. Spikediesel

Spikediesel Spare time SAK builder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 14, 2018
    [​IMG]

GlockFan, Jpd0144, filtrum and 23 others like this.
  7. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
  8. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Still have this one with me...

[​IMG]

9. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Breaking in my new 0393 tonight
    Love the detent on this ZT

10. niru

niru

Mar 31, 2016
  11. niru

niru

Mar 31, 2016
    Sorry doublepost

12. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
  13. ExtremAddiction

ExtremAddiction KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 12, 2013
  14. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
  15. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I got the new edge on my large Ritter yesterday as I'd planned. The factory grind was a nicely even and centered 20 DPS, so it was easy to refine with just the 3 ceramic hones and polishing tape.

[​IMG]

I moved on to my 943-1 Franken with identical methodology and equally successful results. The temperature plummeted on our last night in Vermont and the knife froze up so hard taking an early morning snow pic that it stuck to my hand.

[​IMG]

Everything thawed in an instant entering our wood-heated cabin...

[​IMG]

...so I wiped it down and used its nice sharp edge to cut up some of our breakfast fruit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Jpd0144, DRLyman, filtrum and 15 others like this.
  16. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    US-made, too!

Fullflat likes this.
  17. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

Smaug, Jpd0144, DRLyman and 8 others like this.
  18. evanofcain

evanofcain

Feb 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    Took the Ursa Minor to work today.

[​IMG]

20. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    Ehhhh is it a double post if I also show what someone else was carrying today? Got this in a text from Sanford, and I’m glad this thing is in the hands of someone who appreciates it! One off custom, non-locking front flipper EZC. Couldn’t be with a nicer dude.

[​IMG]