EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I'm like a bad penny today, just continuing to come back to this forum, bringing to mind the old expression "how can I miss you if you won't go away?" Anyway, I did carry the new ACE Biblio over to the shop this afternoon and figured a couple fresh pics were in order.

7o83D6k.jpg

vOP2d11.jpg

I actually used it just a little, but, per usual, my most carried knife--my bottom-of-the left-pocket work beater, the worst knife in the world--took a fair amount of abuse and performed all those things that one (at least this one) wouldn't dream of tasking to a good blade that's actually used for cutting. This one's been posted maybe once on another forum here, but I thought I'd give this beloved old POS and friend a little recognition for all the nasty little jobs it's been put through and all the destruction it's saved my regular work-users from.

E1DrB4H.jpg

zxA6ZF5.jpg

Last edited:
Great first date with the Para 3 LW today.
My only complaint is it’s so light I can’t feel its there and I was constantly doing a reach down knife check to see if it was still in my pocket . But I’m really liking the DP pocket clip . I definitely know when my CS AD10 is in my pocket because I almost need suspenders :D
XRzwHI9.jpg

Last edited:
How are you liking the Abstruse? I have been wanting one for a while now.

I do like it. But finding a bit of a learning curve. Ordered it mostly for a new fidget toy as I have never had a front flipper. I think part of my problems flipping smooth from detent may just be the overall diminutive size/diameter. A larger front flipper for my first may have been a bit easier. But it has been fun trying. I'm getting much better. The action is smooth and perfect.

But, you probably care more about the knife itself. Construction, fit & finish is pretty darn amazing. Bestek did a good job in that respect. I think this model could be a sweet little integral in a future version. I'm still a bit conflicted whether I should have waited for the CF version. For the price, I'd say it's a pretty stellar package.

The detent I'd call medium. Just about perfect for this package. No chance of unwanted opening, but not too stiff for a nice smooth open. Though with my front flip virgin hands, I do better breaking detent with a very deliberate forward angle, then moving my thumb back for the full sweep to lock. Has nail knicks, but also a very easy pinch opener. Whether two handed or one hand handle drop.

For the price, Ti/Ti, or Ti/CF, sandwiching an M390 front flipper on bearings, hanging on a well designed milled Ti clip (with RH & LH tip up positions).....all with an absolutely perfect fit/finish !!! If you like the overall size, and blade shape, it's a no-risk buy.

30hpnpt.jpg

2uixfmv.jpg

2ykjnds.jpg

8vorr6.jpg

And......fun with lines....a few Isham's together.

2j1qtrn.jpg

24ce7ev.jpg

I do like it. But finding a bit of a learning curve. Ordered it mostly for a new fidget toy as I have never had a front flipper. I think part of my problems flipping smooth from detent may just be the overall diminutive size/diameter. A larger front flipper for my first may have been a bit easier. But it has been fun trying. I'm getting much better. The action is smooth and perfect.

But, you probably care more about the knife itself. Construction, fit & finish is pretty darn amazing. Bestek did a good job in that respect. I think this model could be a sweet little integral in a future version. I'm still a bit conflicted whether I should have waited for the CF version. For the price, I'd say it's a pretty stellar package.

The detent I'd call medium. Just about perfect for this package. No chance of unwanted opening, but not too stiff for a nice smooth open. Though with my front flip virgin hands, I do better breaking detent with a very deliberate forward angle, then moving my thumb back for the full sweep to lock. Has nail knicks, but also a very easy pinch opener. Whether two handed or one hand handle drop.

For the price, Ti/Ti, or Ti/CF, sandwiching an M390 front flipper on bearings, hanging on a well designed milled Ti clip (with RH & LH tip up positions).....all with an absolutely perfect fit/finish !!! If you like the overall size, and blade shape, it's a no-risk buy.

30hpnpt.jpg

2uixfmv.jpg

2ykjnds.jpg

8vorr6.jpg

And......fun with lines....a few Isham's together.

2j1qtrn.jpg

24ce7ev.jpg

Thanks man! I have been eyeing the Abstruse since it was first announced. I want the CF one though so I might have to pick it up.

Back