EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

82gq.jpg

This Kershaw link in M390 has pushed every other knife out of my pocket, for the last six+ months. We’re talking Zero Tolerance, Benchmade, Spyderco, everything. The action is perfect, the blade steel amazing (for MY uses as least), and ergonomically, no other knife has ever fit my hand as perfectly as this. I NEED to pick up a couple of spares.

And most important of all to me, Made In America.

5DE54B46-D5DA-4958-A391-F5B19EEDA990 by jim nevill, on Flickr

29AA9A53-96C7-4C2E-AF70-B03466DFE649 by jim nevill, on Flickr

What model insulator? Mine is a Brookfield from my grandfather who spent a lifetime in telephone industry back in the day. Nice pic btw!

Thanks. That particular one says Hemingray. I did know it was an insulator but not much else about it honestly. We have some other ones laying around also in blue, green, and clear. found them on my wifes family land and thought they looked cool so we brought a few home for the back patio. They have a huge pile of them there!

Thanks. That particular one says Hemingray. I did know it was an insulator but not much else about it honestly. We have some other ones laying around also in blue, green, and clear. found them on my wifes family land and thought they looked cool so we brought a few home for the back patio. They have a huge pile of them there!
Hemingway was one of the biggest manufacturers. Hang on to them! There wouldn’t have been telephones or telegraphs without them. I enjoy trying to explain all this to my kids. That phone lines ran on poles and the insulators kept the electric phone signal from going down the pole into the earth. Then they say, “Dad tell me another funny story...”

Back