EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

885k.jpg

It would SPECTACULARY NICE if in addition to pictures if you would identify what is pictured for those that have not memorized manufacturers catalogs for 30years (those who can identify every knife pictured should probably be institutionalized for their OCD)

But I keep seeing knives I'd like to buy and own but cannot because I have no clue what model and in some cases the makers name... Gimme a Break!!!, I'm sure others are similarly annoyed...

You might want to lose the attitude, it's definitely not the way to get people to respond to this petulant demand.

My friend, you are the one with "attitude", I stand with my remarks above AND here is my attitude "if the shoe fits" and pinches your corns, it is YOU who needs looser shoes and thicker socks.

There are an awful lot of nice knives pictured in this thread and it is OBNOXIOUS to ASSume that everyone knows who made them and what model they are, And IF that is ATTITUDE, I'm going to "double down" on it!

Share your pictures, but be kind and tell us WTF we are admiring! I for one won't admire them LESS for knowing exactly what I'm looking at, though it may lead to frustration seeing too many things I cannot afford or find! IF that causes you a problem I'll be sorry I joined this group!

My friend, you are the one with "attitude", I stand with my remarks above AND here is my attitude "if the shoe fits" and pinches your corns, it is YOU who needs looser shoes and thicker socks.

There are an awful lot of nice knives pictured in this thread and it is OBNOXIOUS to ASSume that everyone knows who made them and what model they are, And IF that is ATTITUDE, I'm going to "double down" on it!

Share your pictures, but be kind and tell us WTF we are admiring! I for one won't admire them LESS for knowing exactly what I'm looking at, though it may lead to frustration seeing too many things I cannot afford or find! IF that causes you a problem I'll be sorry I joined this group!
Sorry you’ll be sorry....

Yeeaahhhh, you're going places. The fact of the matter is that no one here is under any requirement to do as you've directed. So, in response to your demands: no. I don't think I will. :)

Yeeaahhhh, you're going places. The fact of the matter is that no one here is under any requirement to do as you've directed. So, in response to your demands: no. I don't think I will. :)

WHAT "Demand"? I said "it would be nice"... if that is a "demand" you sir, have an issue with understanding the English language....

I asked a fairly simple question, WHAT exactly about what I said is untrue?

My fab 5 when I'm in a folder mood. Honestly the 0562cf has taken the most pocket time I hate to say..
1CTspWK

http://imgur.com/gallery/1CTspWK
In light of the recent request of naming makes and models as I dont wish to be obnoxious... left to right..
Benchmade 940-1 - love it and the s90v steel
Kershaw blur- awesome tool in s30v
Spyderco pm2 s30v. No intro needed
Zero tolerance 0562cf. Imho the best zt
Benchmade contego m4 steel is amazing and custom jade g10 handles just because!
Also, it never hurts to post a reply and just ask what the blade is if your interested and the OP did not share. It is kinda tedious sometimes to explain things when you just want to post a quick pic, then again, measure twice and cut once as they say... cheers and happy fathers day to all!

The Kershaw Blur is recognizable as I have thought about Buying one As most of the Spiderco knives are equally well recognized, (as-in does not EVERYONE own or has own a Spiderco PM2?) I was more curious about the rarer custom knives, I'm sure that nobody would recognize the knife I have here on my desk as a letter opener, because there is EXACTLY one in the world (I made the thing out of a piece of an industrial circular saw (sawmill) blade) and a pair of Cocobolo scales I got at a knife Show 30 years ago.
Sadly I'm better at shaping wood and metal than I am at working leather, because all my attempts at making a sheath for it, quite frankly suck...

The Kershaw Blur is recognizable as I have thought about Buying one As most of the Spiderco knives are equally well recognized, (as-in does not EVERYONE own or has own a Spiderco PM2?) I was more curious about the rarer custom knives, I'm sure that nobody would recognize the knife I have here on my desk as a letter opener, because there is EXACTLY one in the world (I made the thing out of a piece of an industrial circular saw (sawmill) blade) and a pair of Cocobolo scales I got at a knife Show 30 years ago.
Sadly I'm better at shaping wood and metal than I am at working leather, because all my attempts at making a sheath for it, quite frankly suck...

Interesting. I have a southern grind jackal and jackal pup that are as well made from vintage reclaimed industrial sawmill blades. I consider them semi custom production knives. But really they are production knives with very good quality, fit and finish. So far an awesome experience with the southern grind company!

Chris Reeve Knives Impinda - It’s a great modern slipjoint. Comes with a clip which is removable and a leather slip to carry in the pocket. That was easy!
Well I saw a European knife blank I liked the shape and grind of but thought I could do better with a better piece of steel, so I bought that Spanish blank and used it as a template, I wanted a knife to do fine work when field dressing and skinning but didn't want a deep bellied "skinner" type blade but wanted a sharply tipped knife It is not a Heavy bladed knife and is hollow ground on both sides and takes an acceptable edge.

My making was entirely cutting the blank( a friend water-jetted it out and complained that for a 3mm piece of steel it was really slow cutting) out of a slab of steel the size of an LP jacket and grinding to shape and polishing.

The way the steel is textured in the areas I hollow ground I suspect I should have acid etched it as I strongly suspect it was some sort of multi-layer laminate, but it is also some sort of stainless steel, so who knows, it does the job it was made for... but I deeply regret not doing some file work on the back edge before epoxying and pinning the scales.

Back