EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

kziaNnV.jpg

Well I saw a European knife blank I liked the shape and grind of but thought I could do better with a better piece of steel, so I bought that Spanish blank and used it as a template, I wanted a knife to do fine work when field dressing and skinning but didn't want a deep bellied "skinner" type blade but wanted a sharply tipped knife It is not a Heavy bladed knife and is hollow ground on both sides and takes an acceptable edge.

My making was entirely cutting the blank( a friend water-jetted it out and complained that for a 3mm piece of steel it was really slow cutting) out of a slab of steel the size of an LP jacket and grinding to shape and polishing.

The way the steel is textured in the areas I hollow ground I suspect I should have acid etched it as I strongly suspect it was some sort of multi-layer laminate, but it is also some sort of stainless steel, so who knows, it does the job it was made for... but I deeply regret not doing some file work on the back edge before epoxying and pinning the scales.

Pics or it didn't happen.

How dare you post a great looking knife without specs, a full writeup, makers bio, and a link to where I can purchase. The f*cking nerve of you people

I don't need a "full writeup" or a bio of the maker,
brand name and model will do fine...but otherwise,
Kinda my point above,:)

Last edited:
Another great ride with my Para 3 LW :)

6Aj8zTf.jpg

Looks like a great day to fish to !
I was a little jealous until I hopped on my bike :D

I know where you were, had my nephews grad party in that cabin in the background. I'm a few miles past that little town, a lot of bike and car groups cruise that road in the summer (used to be in one of them). I live on a hill above the hwy and can hear them coming for a mile or so, my 10 yo is into super cars, had a few F cars cruise by a couple weekends ago. I saw 2 Porsche GT's together one day. Had a gutted turbo S2k (removed soft top, add cf hard top, hood and front fenders but painted over the cf) @ 2850 lbs putting down 420 rwhp that I had *set-up* basically just to run that road. In my fantasy world no one could touch me on it for a few years, hit 160 on it once. Ran against a number of street bikes, even had a couple guys stop by my place afterward to settle out the shakes :) You had to be pretty committed and have some experience to hang. Good times.

There are only 5 sheriffs and 5 towns in that county so........

I know where you were, had my nephews grad party in that cabin in the background. I'm a few miles past that little town, a lot of bike and car groups cruise that road in the summer (used to be in one of them). I live on a hill above the hwy and can hear them coming for a mile or so, my 10 yo is into super cars, had a few F cars cruise by a couple weekends ago. I saw 2 Porsche GT's together one day. Had a gutted turbo S2k (removed soft top, add cf hard top, hood and front fenders but painted over the cf) @ 2850 lbs putting down 420 rwhp that I had *set-up* basically just to run that road. In my fantasy world no one could touch me on it for a few years, hit 160 on it once. Ran against a number of street bikes, even had a couple guys stop by my place afterward to settle out the shakes :) You had to be pretty committed and have some experience to hang. Good times.

There are only 5 sheriffs and 5 towns in that county so........
My bike is my need for speed now although I “try” to save most of my adrenaline rush for the track at PIR . I do pick my spots on the 47 into Vernonia but not as ruthless as I was in my younger days . I miss my 03 Mustang Cobra with just bolt ons I had 502 rwh and about 542 rwt . Ran a 11.8 in the 1/4 mile at Portland International race way and back then that was pretty respectable especially for a daily driver that weighed in at about 3800 pounds .
Man I miss that car but it was like crack and I was never happy I always wanted to be faster even though my goal was to break into the 11’s which I did . My license plate read “ CFU CAN “ :)
Sold it to car collector that had a building filled with cars . He said he was missing a 03 SVT mustang cobra sporting Zinc yellow.
Man I miss that car and one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made was selling it . My Crotch rocket pretty much helps fill the void now :D

Last edited:
Kinda my point above,:)
I appreciate your enthusiasm Allan, but I was being facetious. I just enjoy looking at the great knives the contributors here are rockin. If I want to know more, it’s really no trouble to just ask, or do a little research myself. I was making light of your comments, as saying things like
(those who can identify every knife pictured should probably be institutionalized for their OCD)

... Gimme a Break!!!, I'm sure others are similarly annoyed...
won’t gain much traction in a thread populated by so many knife nuts/junkies that according to your diagnosis, should be institutionalized. Then again, you might be right on that account ;) If folks sharing & admiring knives without detailing them ad nauseam annoys you, I apologize for our fun crapping on your day. As others have said, a kind inquiry will usually yield you all the info you’re looking for, and maybe even help scoring one at a great price. This thread is populated by really kind folks who’re glad to help other KIND folks. Stick around and soak up game, you might end up enjoying it. Have a great week

You are correct, but let me direct your attention to the fact that this topic has grown to nearly 700 pages.
those polite inquiries you suggest could take several months just for this topic alone!

You are correct, but let me direct your attention to the fact that this topic has grown to nearly 700 pages.
those polite inquiries you suggest could take several months just for this topic alone!
I'm actually somewhat with you, it would be nice if people said what knife they were posting, but it's literally a few presses of buttons to ask. Often times other members will know, and just answer the question.

But, if this is the hill that you want to die on so be it.

On topic:
0WZ3bzP.jpg

Giving my Grip H2O(or something similar) a little pocket time today.
Not a recent picture but imgur won't let me upload anything today.

Back