1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Scout looks great. Had been eyeing the Turtle but think I like this better..nice blade..

Congrats on baby boy! I have two grandaughters and my first grandson in the oven as well..

Gotta be careful what you ask for...I remember wishing as a young man..."Surround me with women!".

..married with two daughters...and two grandaughters.. wasn't exactly what I meant..:D

Wouldn't change a thing, of course..I/we are truly blessed..

All very much looking forward to the new addition...Congrats again, ChazzyP :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

sinkrate, soliddawn, tgtodd and 23 others like this.
  2. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

sinkrate, jacksterp, Taonari and 22 others like this.
  3. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Like that ZT, Icky!

You're spot on about the women in our lives. I had three sons, but we're sitting there on the back deck of my oldest's house where my youngest also lives in his upstairs apartment, with their wives or GFs, with one kid and another on the way and we're celebrating my wife's b-day belatedly and I'm looking at her and thinking none of us would be there without her. Sons don't exist, no fetal grandson, and the women and one son would be somewhere else. My wife pushed me to switch to a female GP and that woman is in her second go 'round of saving my life along with my two female cardio docs from this latest thing and all the women from various rehabs. After all--no women ergo no men.

The blade on my Scout is indeed a beauty. I'm big on Shiros and have several, but Cheburkovs are none the lesser and a great value.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fullflat

Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    DA054199-176C-424E-AA9B-B9C5C935FB03.jpeg

Sergeua, GB940Rookie, pehota and 24 others like this.
  5. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    My morning carry before I head to the race track to spread my wings :D
    Wish me luck lol:eek: it’s been almost a year since I had my bike on the track.
    [​IMG]

GB940Rookie, pehota, Ajack60 and 24 others like this.
  6. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
  7. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Just ran into an old friend in the shop. Made this over 30 years ago from an old annealed Nicholson file and a little bit of Curly maple. I remember being happy at getting her up to 58Rc. Carried it every day during monthly visits to Steel and Sugar mills throughout Brazil and Colombia.

Now that I remember, I carried this is my brief case on hundreds of planes throughout the 80’s and 90’s. Those were the days

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Filoso, DB_Cruiser, Ajack60 and 16 others like this.
  8. PeaceInOurTime

PeaceInOurTime

Mar 20, 2019
    [​IMG]

Filoso, toto07, pehota and 14 others like this.
  9. Markb33tem

Markb33tem Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2019
    09C3A074-DFB2-4D33-99AD-8546629578E4.jpeg 5742D585-D27B-4BA9-884B-D1B581CB1006.jpeg 2590F379-E3FD-4E45-A253-8B648AEAC3B7.jpeg B8C9D9BC-53EA-43E2-B1EF-9570B81E76F6.jpeg Emererson Scalawag #25of30
    Overall Length: 8.3 in.
    Blade Length: 3.6 in.
    Blade Thickness: .125 in.
    Blade: 154CM RC 57-59
    It’s a tricky little fella

10. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Thought she looked a little tired yesterday so a little maroon fibre belt and 2500 stone later and she can shave again

[​IMG]

Filoso, GB940Rookie, Ajack60 and 10 others like this.
  11. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_5681.jpg

Paired with the metamorph g10 is a Blue TI lumintop flashlight which came in while i was away. Only 3" long and takes aaa.

Filoso, Fullflat, lzeplin and 7 others like this.
  12. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Going to carry this one tomorrow

The camera doesn’t do the redwoodburl justice. 3” Scandi Grind. Wood was wet with scotch and water. Ardbeg to be precise.

[​IMG]

13. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Got blessed with some meat today. Very grateful to be able to harvest a healthy buck this morning with a neck shot.

CPM-3V does an awesome job field de-boning. I get tired sometimes and the edge contacts rocks and bone. No chips!

E9492721-E7F3-45C7-BFAB-96DE2C80F2FC.jpeg 21ADBFA8-BA42-4141-B145-260DE121A407.jpeg

14. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_5684.jpg
    Beautiful scout! Looks like a very nice and "more affordable" alternative to the Shiros ive been pining over.

Switched up to the 940 since it needs some carry love. After carrying a SAK recruit all week on vacation i have a new found appreciation for my collection and was starting to miss it dearly! Maybe i will slow down on new purchases and enjoy what i have for a little while which is quite a few. (Doubtful)

silvaticus, Filoso, colin.p and 11 others like this.
  15. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    That Rapala should work great there. :thumbsup:
    Edit: I have an Endura 4 in my pocket.

16. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Stayed Russian today, but changed makers and carried my Python while avoiding this New England heat wave. Don't know how you southern fellas do it. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Just got back from TOR which stands for Taste of racing . It’s 20 dollars for 20 minutes on the track and all the funds go towards a injured racers funding . It’s for a great cause and it’s so much fun . Track days are all day but this one was very special and had one of my best rides and fastest ever . My bike since having it dyno tuned is wicked fast and could really feel it at the track we’re I could open it up .I got to run with the lead bike and learn all the best lines using up all my tires I had it down to the edge almost not much left lol . What a great day and now it’s time for a cold beverage and pull out my safe queens:D and celebrate staying shiny side up :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Although I’m a Puukko guy, if I could only have one knife, it would be a 940, in carbon steel and cocobolo

19. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko

Oct 19, 2007
    Looking better. The redwood burl is very old and dark but really pretty in the sunshine

[​IMG]