EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

As I mentioned yesterday, I stuck with my Scout again today. Here it is on the front stoop rail before J and I headed out to my son's house for a family gathering--all three sons and their sig others with my first grandson still in the oven and K's GF's son.

sossEc4.jpg

Scout looks great. Had been eyeing the Turtle but think I like this better..nice blade..

Congrats on baby boy! I have two grandaughters and my first grandson in the oven as well..

Gotta be careful what you ask for...I remember wishing as a young man..."Surround me with women!".

..married with two daughters...and two grandaughters.. wasn't exactly what I meant..:D

Wouldn't change a thing, of course..I/we are truly blessed..

All very much looking forward to the new addition...Congrats again, ChazzyP :thumbsup:

2Ci42BP.jpg

Scout looks great. Had been eyeing the Turtle but think I like this better..nice blade..

Congrats on baby boy! I have two grandaughters and my first grandson in the oven as well..

Gotta be careful what you ask for...I remember wishing as a young man..."Surround me with women!".

..married with two daughters...and two grandaughters.. wasn't exactly what I meant..:D

Wouldn't change a thing, of course..I/we are truly blessed..

All very much looking forward to the new addition...Congrats again, ChazzyP :thumbsup:

2Ci42BP.jpg
Like that ZT, Icky!

You're spot on about the women in our lives. I had three sons, but we're sitting there on the back deck of my oldest's house where my youngest also lives in his upstairs apartment, with their wives or GFs, with one kid and another on the way and we're celebrating my wife's b-day belatedly and I'm looking at her and thinking none of us would be there without her. Sons don't exist, no fetal grandson, and the women and one son would be somewhere else. My wife pushed me to switch to a female GP and that woman is in her second go 'round of saving my life along with my two female cardio docs from this latest thing and all the women from various rehabs. After all--no women ergo no men.

The blade on my Scout is indeed a beauty. I'm big on Shiros and have several, but Cheburkovs are none the lesser and a great value.

kD3ew3X.jpg

vqgrsK6.jpg

Just ran into an old friend in the shop. Made this over 30 years ago from an old annealed Nicholson file and a little bit of Curly maple. I remember being happy at getting her up to 58Rc. Carried it every day during monthly visits to Steel and Sugar mills throughout Brazil and Colombia.

Now that I remember, I carried this is my brief case on hundreds of planes throughout the 80’s and 90’s. Those were the days

Last edited:
IMG_5684.jpg
Like that ZT, Icky!

You're spot on about the women in our lives. I had three sons, but we're sitting there on the back deck of my oldest's house where my youngest also lives in his upstairs apartment, with their wives or GFs, with one kid and another on the way and we're celebrating my wife's b-day belatedly and I'm looking at her and thinking none of us would be there without her. Sons don't exist, no fetal grandson, and the women and one son would be somewhere else. My wife pushed me to switch to a female GP and that woman is in her second go 'round of saving my life along with my two female cardio docs from this latest thing and all the women from various rehabs. After all--no women ergo no men.

The blade on my Scout is indeed a beauty. I'm big on Shiros and have several, but Cheburkovs are none the lesser and a great value.

kD3ew3X.jpg

vqgrsK6.jpg

Beautiful scout! Looks like a very nice and "more affordable" alternative to the Shiros ive been pining over.

Switched up to the 940 since it needs some carry love. After carrying a SAK recruit all week on vacation i have a new found appreciation for my collection and was starting to miss it dearly! Maybe i will slow down on new purchases and enjoy what i have for a little while which is quite a few. (Doubtful)

Just got back from TOR which stands for Taste of racing . It’s 20 dollars for 20 minutes on the track and all the funds go towards a injured racers funding . It’s for a great cause and it’s so much fun . Track days are all day but this one was very special and had one of my best rides and fastest ever . My bike since having it dyno tuned is wicked fast and could really feel it at the track we’re I could open it up .I got to run with the lead bike and learn all the best lines using up all my tires I had it down to the edge almost not much left lol . What a great day and now it’s time for a cold beverage and pull out my safe queens:D and celebrate staying shiny side up :thumbsup:
xw0y1YJ.jpg

A8xr1vr.jpg

Although I’m a Puukko guy, if I could only have one knife, it would be a 940, in carbon steel and cocobolo

View attachment 1165652

Beautiful scout! Looks like a very nice and "more affordable" alternative to the Shiros ive been pining over.

Switched up to the 940 since it needs some carry love. After carrying a SAK recruit all week on vacation i have a new found appreciation for my collection and was starting to miss it dearly! Maybe i will slow down on new purchases and enjoy what i have for a little while which is quite a few. (Doubtful)

Back