EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

VFiOutC.jpg
CRPXisV.jpg
INCEPTION

I stayed long and pointy again after several days thusly (actually that's usually most days ;)) and stayed with Benchmade again too. I like this one so much better with the orange backspace gone. :D

uC9pVFo.jpg

gnuDERX.jpg

7viGwn6.jpg
That looks great!! Where did you get the standoffs to replace the backspacer? I have been eying the mini crooked river especially since you can custom build one online now including s90v or damascus with carbon fiber and blacked out bolsters and screws. I prioced the one I wanted and it was over $300 haha I guess I'll wait ofor the price to drop. Or maybe I'll nab one on the marketplace and TLC it back to life like yours.

Woooooow damn collar has to go too!
I kinda like the collar, actually. I thought I didn't mind the backspacer so much when I first got the knife, but came to dislike it more every day. The collar has a nicer, metallic sheen to it than the bright, flat plastic-looking backspacer and of course it's much smaller too. :rolleyes:

stripping
The word is a really good thing about english, russian knifers dont have such one while talking about cutting a cardboard. Was surprised yesterday i cant say exactly what i want, now i see what i wanted to, not my mistake, just an abscence of opportunity
20190801-182030.jpg

After a sweltering couple of days, it's gorgeous out tonight.
I finally realized what is the knife haha
View attachment 1172168 Nothing like a Shirogorov F95R Slim Smooth as silk. Anyone have any thoughts. Please explain and share.
What to explain, a couple dozens of balls is the standard capacity! Igor is God, jic u didnt know

Looks like someone made a trip to CGW!
Nice!

Please tell me about the sights. I’m still running the OE’s on my P01, largely due to indecision.

It’s actually straight from the CZ custom shop, fitted with Heinie straight 8 sights. I’d post a pic of the sights but I’m not really in an environment where I can do that right now:D

That looks great!! Where did you get the standoffs to replace the backspacer? I have been eying the mini crooked river especially since you can custom build one online now including s90v or damascus with carbon fiber and blacked out bolsters and screws. I prioced the one I wanted and it was over $300 haha I guess I'll wait ofor the price to drop. Or maybe I'll nab one on the marketplace and TLC it back to life like yours.
I've built a few knives online at the Custom Shop but have never pulled the trigger. They're pricey enough to start with plus BM whacks you pretty good for shipping and charges sales tax as well. :eek: Those knives have never left the cart.

The standoffs came from Knife Kits. Keyman had written that the correct size is .175" but you can't find those anywhere. He bought the .190's and took them down which is what I set out to do. I lost patience after getting just .003 off the first one on a diamond stone and installed them as is with the slightly smaller one forward. The difference is just .015", which you can't see and it doesn't affect the operation of the knife in any way. They came with 2 bright screws each, but I had spare round-head black BMK clip screws hanging around and used two of those plus the two that came on the knife for the 2-56 standoff threads.

ClCI5AA.jpg

Back