EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

bh0D7XB.jpg

Lots of stuff abandoned down there after slipping down cracks too deep for recovery, mostly flashlights -- but it seems like a real easy place to lose a clipped knife. I'd be sweating bullets with something like an Arius!

If I’m ever taking a beloved knife on an excursion where I am truly worried I may lose it I just dummy cord it to a belt loop through the lanyard hole and tuck the excess cord into my pocket.

That way if I need to use it I have enough cord to use it.

Walked the Keen's pocket clip right into a corner wall today, something that would have felled lesser clips, and all it got was a little more character. I've always wanted to try a bead-blasted Ti/Ti folder specifically for the lovely way it buffs, wears, and acquires scratches, and this finish doesn't disappoint. It's a great knife, too. :D

5fOY0IZ.jpg

I regret selling mine. How do you like the portal version?

I love the Keen! I was actually hoping the portals might be a little lighter weight (not that the keen is too heavy anyway) but I was surprised to find out on the scale theres VERY little difference in weight from the smooth model. The portals do give a little more grip but even the smooth versions have enough anyway with the finish that's on them and are not slick feeling at all. The portals are mainly just aesthetic Imo. I do prefer the stonewash bronze finish as it looks good and should hide scratches the best. Ill be hunting a grooved version next to complete the trifecta. maybe in purple but a bronze groove would be my first choice!

Awesome score!!! I really enjoyed reading Mecha’s post about the origin and prior use of that blade. Does it slice through leather like warm butter?

Haven’t tried leather but it sliced through cheese and a baguette like no ones business.

I feel lucky to have scored this knife too. It may be a bit oddly shaped but it is very useful.

Back