EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Got out today for a ride, stopped by a small creek to take a break and a knife picture. spotted a brook trout and was able to get his picture, can't believe there are trout in this small stream I love living in these mountains!
bkUCIjf.jpg

fYt1JUK.jpg

NfvpJyB.jpg

BKXl0It.jpg

Went spelunking in Ape Cave this weekend, so I brought three knives: My Keen for knocking about with, the Cybertool S in case anything needed fixing, and the White River Backpacker for the cave.

iPjKZqA.jpg

Had to stop and see Mount St. Helens on the way. Even when the top is obscured by clouds, it's an amazing mountain.

iOJNUn8.jpg

Here's the Backpacker inside the lava tube. ;) If you're ever in the area and like the idea of a 1.5-mile underground hike, complete with a couple dozen boulder jumbles to navigate, I highly recommend Ape Cave.

KT1dQcw.jpg

Never needed it down there, of course, but I always hike with a little fixed blade these days. You just never know. :)

Last edited:
I've built a few knives online at the Custom Shop but have never pulled the trigger. They're pricey enough to start with plus BM whacks you pretty good for shipping and charges sales tax as well. :eek: Those knives have never left the cart.

The standoffs came from Knife Kits. Keyman had written that the correct size is .175" but you can't find those anywhere. He bought the .190's and took them down which is what I set out to do. I lost patience after getting just .003 off the first one on a diamond stone and installed them as is with the slightly smaller one forward. The difference is just .015", which you can't see and it doesn't affect the operation of the knife in any way. They came with 2 bright screws each, but I had spare round-head black BMK clip screws hanging around and used two of those plus the two that came on the knife for the 2-56 standoff threads.

ClCI5AA.jpg

Thanks, good info. I think I'll pull the trigger one of these soon. I just bought all new hunting gear thanks again!!

I’m surprised and pleased by the factory edge bevel that’s ground on to the new cruwear delica. Haven’t measured it yet, but it’s clearly more acute (and more symmetrical) than my previous delicas (which were between 36-40 dps inclusive, although I always heard it claimed to be 30). This one actually seems a lot closer to that number. I’ve always thought delicas were ground too thick BTE to really slice to full potential from the factory, but this factory edge bevel right here has me willing to revisit & reconsider my thoughts. Nice work Seki!
731FBDC4-90F9-4C0B-AEFB-97532495FBF4.jpeg

Wow, i've been eying that knife...... I just prefer a 3.25"-3.6" blade.. So the 2.9" has really held me back on the purchase. It looks awesome though... just gorgeous.
It's a terrific knife that for me really checks all the boxes, the way it is designed and executed. For me the blade size is really perfect for EDC, I would not want it any bigger. Also the finger coil offers you more grip options if you have bigger hands.

Got out today for a ride, stopped by a small creek to take a break and a knife picture. spotted a brook trout and was able to get his picture, can't believe there are trout in this small stream I love living in these mountains!
bkUCIjf.jpg

fYt1JUK.jpg

NfvpJyB.jpg

BKXl0It.jpg
Woooooooow wtf man!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at it several times and didnt see the fish at all!!!!! Then i googled and saw them flippers, so i used this info and tried to find the fish that has them. And then i saw them. Wow, that's the camo! The first pic is monumental.

Woooooooow wtf man!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at it several times and didnt see the fish at all!!!!! Then i googled and saw them flippers, so i used this info and tried to find the fish that has them. And then i saw them. Wow, that's the camo! The first pic is monumental.
Thanks brother, I've stopped there several times and have never saw a fish. I was a good twenty feet away and had my camera zoomed way out to get this picture. These native Brook are super wild. I have a video of this one and another in the same small pool of water. There camo is something else..

Went spelunking in Ape Cave this weekend, so I brought three knives: My Keen for knocking about with, the Cybertool S in case anything needed fixing, and the White River Backpacker for the cave.

iPjKZqA.jpg

Had to stop and see Mount St. Helens on the way. Even when the top is obscured by clouds, it's an amazing mountain.

iOJNUn8.jpg

Here's the Backpacker inside the lava tube. ;) If you're ever in the area and like the idea of a 1.5-mile underground hike, complete with a couple dozen boulder jumbles to navigate, I highly recommend Ape Cave.

KT1dQcw.jpg

Never needed it down there, of course, but I always hike with a little fixed blade these days. You just never know. :)

Ape Cave is awesome. When I went there last year I was carrying my Koenig Arius for a month straight, so that was the one that went in there. You had better believe I was constantly checking to make sure I hadn't snagged the pocket clip on a rock and lost it, lol.

Ape Cave is awesome. When I went there last year I was carrying my Koenig Arius for a month straight, so that was the one that went in there. You had better believe I was constantly checking to make sure I hadn't snagged the pocket clip on a rock and lost it, lol.

Lots of stuff abandoned down there after slipping down cracks too deep for recovery, mostly flashlights -- but it seems like a real easy place to lose a clipped knife. I'd be sweating bullets with something like an Arius!

Back