EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

oFSARW8.jpg

I finished all my trim fabrication for the door replacement project this morning, cut and sanded the interior arch-top template to send to the millwork shop, and made a couple test joins in my shop before heading to the job site to fit, join, and install the pediment along wit the fluted pilasters and kick board.

I seemed to recall @abbazaba and ScooterG ScooterG looking for more K390 goodness, so I carried my only example of that today. The Police 4 is so slim in pocket and slicey, it makes a great work knife.

t2apEEH.jpg

GuOpJRF.jpg

After I dragged my weary ass home after a too long day (bailed out at its end by my loyal son who came by to stow away the myriad tools, supplies, and fasteners I had out), I sat in the shop and shaved a few pointy shingle shards to clean out the PVC adhesive nozzle.

GVB7chE.jpg
That P4 is great. Hoping for more like a PM2, Manix2, etc. Really seems to make sense as a Para 3.

After carrying and enjoying my P4 at work yesterday, I had a fair amount of goo to clean off the blade this morning and decided to see if I could get the action a little better as well. I mean it flicked out sorta ok with a little wrist and dropped sorta ok with a little flick on release. After some interior cleaning with a cotton swab and alcohol, I added a dab of FinishLine to the interface between the lock bar and tang radius as well as the obligatory drop each side of W10 NanoOil to the PB washers. Now it free-drops on release and flicks out quickly and easily. I'll be carrying it again today.

I've never been that big on lockbacks, but have a few others, so I got out my other two Spydie LBs, which have never had decent action and tuned them up too. The Endura and Delica are now about as good as the as the Police was, which is a great improvement and makes them all-the-more likable. I'm even warming to Spyderco's FRN, though still not much of a VG10 fan. Despite the fact that one can get a pretty sharp edge on it, it rolls really easily and doesn't seem to hold that well. I did loosen the pivots on those two knives and while they now have a bit of closed side-to-side play, they're still solid when locked open.

My new appreciation for these two is making me lust after the KC Hap40 Pakkawood exclusives again. I think I'll check the knife boxes and find a couple to list to fund the PP acct for those two.

ljz08ez.jpg

GxJoIU5.jpg

Next up for lock back tuning, my Al Mar Eagle and Falcon Talons.

Back