EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Technically, it was yesterday but....

4K88AjAl.jpg

Laying in bed sick. My Three Sisters Forge Beast is keeping me and my sandwich company.

Organic ancient grain bread, turkey pastrami, muenster cheese, olive oil, black pepper, and oregano. Mmm...

m6WSEay.jpg

I had my Hati in my pocket when I headed out this morning for Shirogorov M390 Monday. When I got back to town I picked up another Russian cousin purchased from one of our good friends here. Andrey Biryukov Sigma in S125V with milled-out Ti slabs.

5Z9ACPg.jpg

i6IZHM9.jpg

D4BCfIA.jpg

Switched out from a CRKT Seismic and Kershaw Bareknuckle to a Real Steel Megalodon 2017 Titan Ti M390 today.

Just bought the Megalodon on the Exchange and it's really a great knife for the price. The 4" mostly spear (and drop) point blade, flipper tab, Ti lock bar w/a steel insert that has no lock stick, perfect centering, drop free action, no significant snail trails, a narrow/thin and egronomically well shaped handle that fits perfectly in my hand, nominal wt and a deep pocket clip make it pretty much "perfect" (if there is such a thing) to me.

Kinda of like a ZT 0450 Ti but bigger and better IMO. ;)

1.jpg

PS: Just got thru comparing the Megalodon w/my Spyderco Nirvana and frankly, as much as I like the Nirvana, I have a hard time justifying why it literally cost me 3x's as much as the Megalodon, because of the Nirvana's notorious lockstick and it's decidedly less than "drop free" action.

The Nirvana's integral Ti handle, nicely machined highlights, flickability (w/the right technique) and its big S90V steel blade don't quite even the scales. I'm not going to sell or toss the Nirvana in the trash but comparing the Megalodon and Nirvana side-by-side certainly proves that you don't need to spend a lot of $ to buy a really nice Ti knife w/premium steel.

A direct face off between the Megalodon and Seismic vs the Nirvana and Bareknuckle also proves that not every knife made in China is of lesser quality in construction and materials as compared w/knives made in Taiwan and the US.

So, here's a pic of the Nirvana with the Seismic, Bareknuckle and Megalodon just to show 3 very nice and affordable knives that you can buy as a group at retail for less than the price of a Nirvana. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic. I'm just not much of a photographer. That's why I steal most of my knife pics from elsewhere on the Net, but I think you'll get the point.

qolNYLX.jpg

Last edited:
My newest is a Kershaw #4035 "Nura", my very first name brand ball bearing flipper, which I bought as a distraction when my New (new to me) 1555TI "Cryo"suffered an assist spring failure ( Yeah, I've already talked to KAI customer service and a new spring is on the way!)

But my new Nura has already been all apart (so I could apply my favorite grease to the ball bearings) and I've even discovered that the blade centering is adjustable!

Last edited:
I had my Hati in my pocket when I headed out this morning for Shirogorov M390 Monday. When I got back to town I picked up another Russian cousin purchased from one of our good friends here. Andrey Biryukov Sigma in S125V with milled-out Ti slabs.

5Z9ACPg.jpg

i6IZHM9.jpg

D4BCfIA.jpg

That's a pretty knife right there, neat finish on the blade.
G2

Back