Edc

I love the handles, but was debating taking the scales off my second one and making it a thin/lightweight backup knife to throw in my pack.

Skrapmetal, I think that's one of the things Lorien designed it for. I mean so that it has some holes in the tang to wrap it.

Nice. I think I might be keeping this D2 EDC with the damaged scales after all, then.

What damage has been done to them?

There's a little dent on the pommel end by the lanyard hole. Doesn't affect anything functional but I debated replacing them, then wondered about leaving the scales off and using it as a little backup detail carver/skinner when I wanna just carry my LC.

Ahh, if it is close enough to the outer edge and not up against the lanyard hole, you can sand off the offending material.

This also might make it a bit more comfortable as a carry option since the butt of the handle won't have the near 80° from slab sides to butt end. But you will need a lanyard/fob to aid in retrieval from the sheath.

Mind posting a pic?
What color handles do you have, maybe we can work something out.

Just got my EDC shipping notification!
Mine landed yesterday, and I already:
- Rolled the edge by dinging a piece of ceramic...
- Used a different piece of ceramic to straighten it back out.
- Had the handles off to look at the hardware for fitment of slabs and to get a feel for it ad a skeletonized version.
- Now putting a fob on it to aid in drawing it from the sheath.

This knife hasn't had a break yet, and I don't forsee one coming any time soon.

Thanks for the quality work Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , @Jo the Machinist , Lorien Lorien and Mark!
Sorry Mark, don't have your user name readily available.

Mine landed yesterday, and I already:
- Rolled the edge by dinging a piece of ceramic...
- Used a different piece of ceramic to straighten it back out.
- Had the handles off to look at the hardware for fitment of slabs and to get a feel for it ad a skeletonized version.
- Now putting a fob on it to aid in drawing it from the sheath.

This knife hasn't had a break yet, and I don't forsee one coming any time soon.

Thanks for the quality work Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist , @Jo the Machinist , Lorien Lorien and Mark!

Did you achieve a pointed tip again by filing (using ceramic) from the top, the edge or both?

Did you achieve a pointed tip again by filing (using ceramic) from the top, the edge or both?
Thankfully it wasn't dropped, just my being clumsy and hit the belly on a ceramic casserole dish while prepping some vegetables for dinner...

one of the original concepts that came up when designing the EDC was to incorporate it, sans scales, into a package including the LC. Something along the line of a piggy back sheath system where the EDC sheath was modular and could be carried via neck tether

Back