Edc

I'd like to chime in before you disseminate any more vicious rumors:

1- that I have actually paid you (yes, I know hard to believe) for every sheaths which I had put a request for. Therefore, mine, mine, mine and you can't have 'em back.

2- for those who are wondering, the scales on the EDC pictured above are the Camo scales!!! I know, hard to believe and only Grogimus is a master of turning Camo into "WTF is that" just with the oils from his own hands. Wash your hands once in a while, it's good for you son!
Resized_20170708_114625.jpg
I must have some oily hands too.. The two on the right are both unbuffed OD green.. The one with the cord has been used quite a bit.. pretty big difference..

Nice sheath.
Is that bottomed out in the pocket?

I am haven't decided between making or buying a pocket leather slip. I should have my first CPK (4V EDC) landing on Wednesday.

I know I am going to make a crossdraw, so I might just keep on stitchin' and make myself a slip... But convenience is so damn convenient...
:D

Nice sheath.
Is that bottomed out in the pocket?

I am haven't decided between making or buying a pocket leather slip. I should have my first CPK (4V EDC) landing on Wednesday.

I know I am going to make a crossdraw, so I might just keep on stitchin' and make myself a slip... But convenience is so damn convenient...
:D
I'll have to check and let you know. It feels good though I was worried it would be a touch big for pocket carry, but it's working out really great so far.

I'll have to check and let you know. It feels good though I was worried it would be a touch big for pocket carry, but it's working out really great so far.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I am going to be looking for some pocket clips, as it is, I can only find some plain ones... None like what you have shown.

EDC in D2

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it.
I am going to be looking for some pocket clips, as it is, I can only find some plain ones... None like what you have shown.

That one came from Paul Long, sheathmaker here on the forums. He prefers phone calls or emails for orders I believe, his info is in his profile.

Has anyone modified their edc sheath? i have the vertical sheath that came with the 4v's and im thinking about taking about an inch of kydex off the front part that covers the handles. Id like to be able to get a better grip on the handles. As far as the removal itself im thinking a dremal with a cut off disk. Ive never really worked with Kydex before so if there's a better way to do it please let me know. Thanks guys

betzner betzner how is the retention? The sheath setup looks great. Going to carry it?

I really should've gotten some camo scales when I had the chance!

I needed a couple D-2s and the camo was something I wanted to check out at the time and couple it with that sheath because the colors were so well co-ordinated between the two. Everything is perfect about the arrangement. Retention is as perfect as anything I have had. I've had it on the belt a few times but because I have a couple D-2s, will probably be selling or trading this one, it being unused. I have way too many EDCs and need to divorce myself of a couple, lol. If and when I get around to it.

betzner betzner I carry my D2 daily and absolutely love it. I took the scales off and had to remove some LIGHT surface staining but it was easy on a strop so that tells you how little there was. I simply put a nice dosing of RemOil with teflon in it and placed the scales back on.

If you decide to offload that sheath shoot me a PM.

Has anyone modified their edc sheath? i have the vertical sheath that came with the 4v's and im thinking about taking about an inch of kydex off the front part that covers the handles. Id like to be able to get a better grip on the handles. As far as the removal itself im thinking a dremal with a cut off disk. Ive never really worked with Kydex before so if there's a better way to do it please let me know. Thanks guys
I have worked with Kydex a bit and it files easily but very fast and leaves a rough cut. You would probably be best served by a wooden dowel and varying grits of sandpaper, 220, 400, 600, 1k, maybe 1.5K or 2k.

- I would use a 1/2" and 3/4" dowels and pinch the paper around it tightly and scrape back and forth over the front of the opening.
- As it loads, pat it out, once it loads and sticks, rip that piece off and use the next 1/2" of paper.
- You should only really have to scrape to the right and left with the paper, and work up the grits to fine tune and finish the surfaces.
- The 400 grit will likely be where the most of your time should be spent, I know that is the grit I use most when shaping Kydex. It removes stuff pretty quickly when pushed hard, but doesn't leave deep scratches, and the cut will be more controllable.

...so if there's a better way to do it please let me know.
I know a better way: Send your EDC out for a Kydex sheath. Jeff Law of Rainwalker Creations has an EDC on hand (with scales shortly), so you can request one from him without having to send your blade over.

I have 2 other sheaths already one from rick lowe, its nice but puts scratches on the blade when i use it. I have an azwelke that fits dam near perfect but i need to buy a dangler for it, so ive just been keeping in my pocket. Right now id rather buy another edc in 3v or d2 than spend more money on sheaths. If anyone has one they want to part with let me know. So for now my best and most comfortable option is the original sheath. I like the way it carries and it doesn't hit into my seatbelt everytime i get in the car.

Back