Edc

Thanks Gus, I ordered the Camp axe with a 2 1/2 LB Head and a 24 inch handle, and a camp axe with 3 LB head and 28 inch handle-Prefer the longer handles, Have the Choppers for smaller tasks

Grog , plain pocket sheath !!! I am very happy with it . Thanks Dan !!!
IRQVEAe.jpg

bTf9gs3.jpg

Grog , plain pocket sheath !!! I am very happy with it . Thanks Dan !!!
IRQVEAe.jpg

bTf9gs3.jpg

That's a great functional looking sheath. Please forgive my ignorance but who is Grog and how do I go about getting a sheath from him/them?

grogimus grogimus has done a few sheaths for me and he's currently working on one for my Carothers Shiv and will be doing one later down the line for my Carothers Utility Fighter. He has also done a bunch sheaths for himself and also our Sisters ( :p ) over there at the Survive! subforum. Also I know that some of our esteemed brethren on this subforum have gotten sheaths form him for their CPKs. I know that Gusbuster Gusbuster , J jjweb have and probbaly omitting a few more. If you don't like his work, he will take it back without any fuss. I honestly don't think his mind is very much commercially geared!!!

Here is the link to some of the sheaths which I received from him in the past:

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...-for-the-3-cpk-patterns-in-2016-2017.1477947/

Am I shamelessly pimping Grog? Hell yeah! Why? The word needs to get around. He has a passion for many knives and in particular for this Maker (Carothers), so he has applied his passion and side hobby to something very useful for others too. That's how our little community is supposed to grow :thumbsup:

I've been lazy and procrastinating with taking pics lately. I received this about a week or so ago: Grog's patterned pocket sheath for my EDC-D2 with maroon linen handles. The Model didn't come with the knife or the sheath!

lUn4tri.jpg

UjLGmOY.jpg

For some freehand wackiness, I love how that pattern came out! Please excuse the imperfect stitches on the back side of the sheath, it's all stitched by hand and it's not an easy thing to get them as perfectly lined up on the back as the front. Hand stitching has its benefits though. I wonder what C#$*^stocks put in the sheath to keep his adorable pooch to pose like that. Ya never know about those left coasters.

For some freehand wackiness, I love how that pattern came out! Please excuse the imperfect stitches on the back side of the sheath, it's all stitched by hand and it's not an easy thing to get them as perfectly lined up on the back as the front. Hand stitching has its benefits though. I wonder what C#$*^stocks put in the sheath to keep his adorable pooch to pose like that. Ya never know about those left coasters.

You're excused yer dimwit :) How about investing some of the money which you don't have yet, to buy yourself a stitching machine?

It's been very hot and humid lately here on the Best Coast, so Livvie the Pooch was not giving two hoots about you or your creation!

A great member and a good person.

And I paid good money to get him to say that! ;)

Kidding, obviously, thanks man.

The EDC made getting a fire going on Friday a breeze. I need to take some dish soap to the handles soon; between the heat, humidity, then the fire my sweaty mitts got them a bit nasty. Still locked into my hand like it was made for it, no slipping or twisting whatsoever.

KnW0qpv.jpg

I have apricot trees in the yard that keep dying and I don't like apricots enough to find out why so I've been burning their carcasses up. It stinks that the trees are dying but it's like they say. When life gives you lemons, light them on fire.

98D2aJ8.jpg

I've been on a kick with cooking stuff in foil packs lately. A random meat, veggie, and potato tossed together with some butter and garlic makes me a happy camper. I just move the burning stuff out of the way in the fire pit and drop the packs on some coals and voila. The potatoes and zucchini were overdone this time but I think I'll just cut them a little thicker next time, I have no desire to eat up some under cooked shrimp. I boiled the corn and potatoes last time I did this ahead of time so I wanted to cut that step out, I think the size of the chunks of corn were on the money.

0rMZuSB.jpg

And I paid good money to get him to say that! ;)

Kidding, obviously, thanks man.

The EDC made getting a fire going on Friday a breeze. I need to take some dish soap to the handles soon; between the heat, humidity, then the fire my sweaty mitts got them a bit nasty. Still locked into my hand like it was made for it, no slipping or twisting whatsoever.

KnW0qpv.jpg

I have apricot trees in the yard that keep dying and I don't like apricots enough to find out why so I've been burning their carcasses up. It stinks that the trees are dying but it's like they say. When life gives you lemons, light them on fire.

98D2aJ8.jpg

I've been on a kick with cooking stuff in foil packs lately. A random meat, veggie, and potato tossed together with some butter and garlic makes me a happy camper. I just move the burning stuff out of the way in the fire pit and drop the packs on some coals and voila. The potatoes and zucchini were overdone this time but I think I'll just cut them a little thicker next time, I have no desire to eat up some under cooked shrimp. I boiled the corn and potatoes last time I did this ahead of time so I wanted to cut that step out, I think the size of the chunks of corn were on the money.

0rMZuSB.jpg

I'd like to chime in before you disseminate any more vicious rumors:

1- that I have actually paid you (yes, I know hard to believe) for every sheaths which I had put a request for. Therefore, mine, mine, mine and you can't have 'em back.

2- for those who are wondering, the scales on the EDC pictured above are the Camo scales!!! I know, hard to believe and only Grogimus is a master of turning Camo into "WTF is that" just with the oils from his own hands. Wash your hands once in a while, it's good for you son!

Last edited:
Back