Edc

Thank you for all the tips lads :)

Gus: I have always found your lanyard accessories to be very elegant and in tune with my own taste. Thank you for the lead :thumbsup:

Post script: Shoot, you weren't kidding when you wrote to DM him! I don't even have Facebook, let alone an IG account. Just to show you what a set of cool Ol' boys Bob and I are, we still use landline when we text each other! No wonder we never get each other's txt messages :D

Last edited:
Nice.
I am looking forward to my EDC. I already have some wood reserved for scales, and some leather for a crossdraw sheath.

Just came out of the convection oven. Baked with FrogLube at 130°F for thirty minutes. Nice, even coat all around...

cpk.edc.froglube.jpg

BTW, Mat meet Mat. That 4V EDC is named Mat. So the application of FrogLube to the steel is an effort to delay corrosion. Some swear by the product, some swear against the product. I am neutral and am merely a guinea pig. There is no control blade and use will not be in a monitored environment. It is just that I have tons of the stuff and figure to put it to use when applicable. For the record, over the years, I have not had any FrogLube treated blades (users and queens) exhibit any signs of corrosion (unlike Renaissance Wax).

adamlau adamlau your inbox is full.

Eta: I was just curious about what size tek lok you used?

I would like to see everyone's leather for the EDC , here's Rick Lowe and I am getting a pocket sheath from Grog will post pics when I get it .
nrMgy1c.jpg
Here's my RLO Leather along with my first EDC that Rick scored for me while I was in hospital. :thumbsup:
Hd0AsQl.jpg

Here's a couple sweet ones from Grog.
zttkon5.jpg

Ljmcst9.jpg

Here's a cross draw from JouFuu Leather.
O0kxSBg.jpg

...got real thick and shitted up my guns...But more often than not I use chapstick instead.
I can see why, especially if the base steel is relatively porous. As the firearm heats up, FrogLube starts to flow. As the firearm cools, Froglube sets in the areas where it flowed. A bad deal over time indeed and why I treat my guns with Militec-1 exclusively. Militec-1 being another snakeoil solution I use o_O only because I have not noted anything particularly negative about it round after round. Lip balm sounds like a great idea too :thumbsup:
...inbox is full...I was just curious about what size tek lok you used?
Thanks for the heads up! Large. I'll try a small tomorrow (it's at work) and report back...

I brought into the hype with frog lube as well and while it worked ok for a bit. I started having malfunctions on the gun i put it on. Mostly failure to cycle properly ftf and fte. Its something i have thousands of rounds through and never had problems with. As soon as i got rid of the frog lube and went back to regular oil all the problems disappeared. Ive had much better results just using mobile 1 synthetic, which i still use today. I have a bunch of froglube still sitting at the house so I may have to try this

I use EWL on my guns now. The Chapstick is nice on blades because 1. It's stays, 2. It's foodsafe, and 3. It's good for more than rust prevention.

Not a big fan of leather, but got to admit those are beautiful works of art! Congratulations Gus! BTW ordered 2 of those Hoffman axe's yesterday!:thumbsup:

Hd0AsQl.jpg

Here's a couple sweet ones from Grog.
zttkon5.jpg

Ljmcst9.jpg

Here's a cross draw from JouFuu Leather.
O0kxSBg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back