EK&T Companion Pictures!

@bloody_pawprint

Justin! Did you not learn anything from Scott's post?! Dude, look where's that thing is pointing! Do you want what happened to Scott's finger to happen to somewhere more.....tender?

I sent you an email, btw.

lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] just noticed that! I was sitting down at the time, pretty stable, didn't even think about it! I bet the old lady wouldn't have appreciated that.... lesson learned, the easy way [emoji16][emoji16]

reply email incoming.

Got this picture from Mike Daley today. I think he might have been either the first or one of the first to get an EK&T Companion. He wanted carbon fiber scales and they just came in. This is a great Fall picture.

His comments: Got them [the carbon fiber scales] today. Love them. Really make the knife look good. *Thanks again man. This is my favorite knife I've carried in a long long time. Here's a pic with my other stuff:

5c309b44ee5f6bbfbaf8c4d70dc5157c.jpg

These from a medic I work with that bought two knives the first day they came in. He bugged me to buy one from the first time he saw the mild steel prototype.

"Hey.....I used an old black belt and Chicago screws and made the belt loop for my knife. ....barely touched my finger and sliced my finger."

84a31daf216dfa30afadf00b71d8bceb.jpg

4b66e56b051a4a0eb900a7c07f13df05.jpg

It isn't the most elegant solution, but it works.

I might as well add my "that's how I carry" picture. Very classic neck carry with a loop of paracord (adjustable through a simple fisherman's knot). I see no better way to carry it... because I like "neck carry" and because I finally get a necker that combines lightweight and cutting power. The ergonomic and handfilling handle allows for some real cutting work... at a necker weight ! And the sheath's pinch balances perfectly retaining safety and ease of deployment.

IMG_2446_zpscj06vubn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And well, it was time for the cat's lunch. I left the usual kitchen knife in the drawer and couldn't resist using the Companion instead... Slicing and dicing raw fish and liver. Liver is a very delicate meat that gets torn easily. No worries... notice the thin slices and the clean dices ? Pure fun ! That little big knife is sharper than a razor and so swift... watch them fingers !

IMG_2441_zpsgxcx0gre.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@herisson
The fisherman's knit is a great knot for a paracord neck cord. Can you do a tutorial thread on it?

Thanks for the pictures. Your cat obviously has a great staff...er, owner, I mean. Fresh meat? Good stuff. Glad I didn't see any finger tips in there! Lol

So, I can now vouch for the scout/cross draw set-up. I carried my round nose rescue version yesterday at work. Had strong cord wrapped around a backboard for some odd reason. The Companion made quick work of it lickety splickety. Then this morning early we had a full arrest. The sheath keep the knife secure and it didn't move or get caught on anything even through intubation and picking up the cot and CPR. I was really happy. I have another setup like it on the way to another member for evaluation. I'm planning on offering a loop for sale soon. I love it.

614304a1a18dd79790fddfdd8de57daa.jpg

@ brian evans : fingertips ? I'm not that clumsy... only a little poke in the left index, this little knife is swift as hell ! I just made up a short tutorial on the fisherman's knot but somehow the images upload doesn't work anymore. Even with the pictures I uploaded yesterday it says now "Error:invalid file". Wut ? Edit to add : just made it. The tutorial is up !

Last edited:
@ brian evans : fingertips ? I'm not that clumsy... only a little poke in the left index, this little knife is swift a shell ! I just made up a short tutorial on the fisherman's knot but somehow the images upload doesn't work anymore. Even with the pictures I uploaded yesterday it says now "Error:invalid file". Wut ?
Hmmm.....well, your tuna/liver pictures are showing up on my end, so I don't know. I think bladeforums must be having issues?

Deleted. Everything's running now !

Last edited:
So, I can now vouch for the scout/cross draw set-up. I carried my round nose rescue version yesterday at work. Had strong cord wrapped around a backboard for some odd reason. The Companion made quick work of it lickety splickety. Then this morning early we had a full arrest. The sheath keep the knife secure and it didn't move or get caught on anything even through intubation and picking up the cot and CPR. I was really happy. I have another setup like it on the way to another member for evaluation. I'm planning on offering a loop for sale soon. I love it.

614304a1a18dd79790fddfdd8de57daa.jpg

I knew you'd love the scout carry setup. It really is perfect for an EDC fixed blade. Quick draw, not an awkward lift the shirt sheathing when done.

Keep me posted on the leather sheaths.

here is a pic of my companion in action, bad lighting I know.. ill take better pics soon

Attachments

• edc.jpg
    edc.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 52
Thought I'd put my two cents in before even more time passes. As stated, I picked up a EKT Companion on the first run, with extra Jade green handles (I wanted CF like everyone else, but well he only had 2!). The stock black ones are great, and the Jade green, well pictures don't do them justice. Prior to this knife, I said I'd never get any blade smaller than 3". Well, here it is, and I am not letting go! Like others have said, this thing is sharp, and though it hasn't been long enough, I don't foresee any issues down the line. The entire knife design is a homerun. Super comfy AND secure in the hands, very important when you have such a small and sharp slicer. You don't notice it when it goes on your belt. Awesome that you can easily remove the handle scales to change them out, but also to reduce the weight even further if you want and to use as a neck knife/minimalist.

Pics to come (no idea how to upload yet, and I don't want to do it wrong) but I was carrying it with just cord wrapped around it, on my belt, kind of like a katana. Then I saw the thing with IWB loops and got some of those. I'm actually using two IWB loops, leaving just enough room when I put on my belt so that I get one of the pant belt loops in the middle. As well, the holes are spaced for a large tek-lok if you so desire (confirmed).

PS: Haven't cut myself yet, only the edge of the sheath from drawing/sheathing the knife, over and over, which is so fun!

Stack of boxes from today's delivery. I get trucks with about this many boxes 3 times a week, so this little guy definitely gets a workout all week long.

Gave one of mine nose job. Here's the X-ray.
Companion%252520X-ray.jpg

Last edited:
Evans_companion.jpg~original

Picked this up from a fellow on the forums, he had two, parted with this one, needed a sharpening but she sharpened up nicely;

Evans_blade.jpg~original

and what I dubbed as a Bob Tail Fob, just enough to help aid in drawing the knife from the sheath;

Evans_bob_tail_fob.jpg~original

G2

Gary, that's gorgeous! I love your pictures, no matter the subject. Really cool how the light brings out the contours.

It looked different at first and I couldn't figure out why. The screws are in reverse of what I send them out with! Took me a minute. Lol

Back