Elusive Schrades

We can't go a whole page without some purty pitchers!!
At some point in the Schrade Cutlery story, serrated edges appeared, and Schrade put their "Wonda-edge" on several patterns. Here are a few; a small "premium" rope knife, one with, one without, from a rope company, and two Muskrats, one serrated on the mark blade, and one on the pile.
scwR4.jpg
Been looking for this picture!!

Just got this Schrade Walden 899. Given the tang stamp and spey blade, I think its a 1947-1973 knife. Generally I don't have any trouble telling Delrin from bone, but this one....I'm pretty sure its Delrin, but its really nice Delrin. I like punch knives :cool:
VB419ne.jpg

62KfY7w.jpg

n5Z0Kya.jpg

Just got this Schrade Walden 899. Given the tang stamp and spey blade, I think its a 1947-1973 knife. Generally I don't have any trouble telling Delrin from bone, but this one....I'm pretty sure its Delrin, but its really nice Delrin. I like punch knives :cool:
VB419ne.jpg

62KfY7w.jpg

n5Z0Kya.jpg

Looks like delrin from here. That would put it in the range of early 60's to 1973 or so. In the 1974 catalog the 899 is shown having the spey switched out for a sheepsfoot blade.

Here is an old bone one with beautiful patina. A used but well cared for knife, so I carry on the tradition!

IMG_6558.jpg

I found this minty 899 on the auction site the other night. It was a good price so I snatched it up.

IMG_6625.JPG IMG_6626.JPG

The new acquisition prompted me to take an 899 family photo. I don't see a lot of these around but somehow have managed to find three nice ones. No two peachseed slabs are exactly alike. :)

IMG_6631.jpg
IMG_6628.JPG

Back