Endela

I got mine today and luv it! Perfect size and weight while still pretty solid! Just perfect

I really don't get the "point" of the Endela and have no plans on buying one.

There are several other Spyders that already fill that size gap (the PM2, Manix2 and Tenacious -- all of which I already own) that immediately come to mind and the fact that you can still buy an Endela on Spyderco's website seems to confirm a lack of demand because any new release subject to high demand always sells out there quick.
I think the vg10 is the reason if it's true,but I do like the size- I will probably have to get one eventually

Hi Sgt,

Actually, the Endela is being very well received. It seems like you are speculating on our models, philosophy's, goals and methods. I think you might want to take a step back and look at a bigger picture view of our company.

sal

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Any idea when we can expect them in the other FRN colors? I wouldnt mind grabbing another one in grey or orange.

Hi Sgt,

Actually, the Endela is being very well received. It seems like you are speculating on our models, philosophy's, goals and methods. I think you might want to take a step back and look at a bigger picture view of our company.

sal

Thanks for the response, Sal.

Yes, I am speculating about your marketing approach based only on what I see. I was not criticizing the approach -- merely describing what I have observed -- and nothing you said above contradicts my observation.

You are in the business of making knives to make $ and whatever approach works best for you is the one you obviously should take. My speculation on the shotgun approach that you take w/some of your model lines is my speculation on the "big picture" of how you approach the market. On the other hand, you make some unique knives - like the Drunken/Paysan -- that clearly have a limited appeal/market. So, although I was only commenting on the Endela, there obviously is a balance in your marketing approach.

I applaud whatever effort you take that will make you successful and offers us knife "nuts" to buy more of the interesting knives that you produce.

I just don't see the Endela as one of those "interesting knives" but if you have to produce an Endela or multiple variations of the Native, Sage, Military and other popular models in order to enhance the profitability of your company, so that you can make more such knives, so be it. Good luck w/that! ;)

Last edited:
Hi Sgt,

Actually, every model is a gamble and the cost of making a new one is quite high. Some, like the Endela is partially to see the market reaction as compared to the Stretch. The new Straight spine Stretch is also part of that test. All 3 are 3.5" FRN lockback models. Refining and differentiation are an important part of understanding the preferences and demand of the customer.

sal

How the Endela fits into back lock crew and the Police in anticipation of the Police FRN

I’m a bit of collector of the Endura, Delica and Dragonfly. I regret that I did not begin collecting them when they were first introduced, for they have become legend.

There some of them that are just so hard to find these days.

I fully believe the Endela will also become a legend in its time and we are here to see its birth.

Last edited:
Hi Sgt,

Actually, every model is a gamble and the cost of making a new one is quite high. Some, like the Endela is partially to see the market reaction as compared to the Stretch. The new Straight spine Stretch is also part of that test. All 3 are 3.5" FRN lockback models. Refining and differentiation are an important part of understanding the preferences and demand of the customer.

sal

What is this sorcery you speak of!?!?

I could see why some would want a straight spine Stretch, but for me, the current blade is a big part of what makes it unique.

I think the Endela is going to be very popular. I'm curious to see the Stretch with a straight spine. People have been asking for that for awhile.

Hey Sal, any chance of a glimpse of what that looks like? By the way the endela is a win! I’m digging mine!

How the Endela fits into back lock crew and the Police in anticipation of the Police FRN.

<snip>

I fully believe the Endela will also become a legend in its time and we are here to see it birth.

Nice collection. :)

The Endela is unlikely to become a "legend" in/beyond "its time" but, based on size, it obviously makes "sense" to add to your collection of FRN backlocks.

PS: I've got a 3 knife set (PE, PS & S) of the 1990's Gen 1 (or 2?) AUS-8 Endura w/FRN scales & molded clip. Those are indeed "legendary" and are all of this type of knife that I need.

We'll see if the Endela reaches such status in another 20-25 years. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Sgt,

sal
Is there a picture of the straight spined Stretch anywhere? I’d love to see it.

Great comparison pics, Reject. Thanks for posting them. They are worth 1000 words in determining the differences between those knives, and I'd say they are all worth owning.

There are several other Spyders that already fill that size gap (the PM2, Manix2 and Tenacious -- all of which I already own) that immediately come to mind

That logic doesn't make any sense. Based on that logic, no knife company should ever make a new knife model ever again since all sizes have been done many times over.

Back