Endela

So I bought a k390 endela because the other two were sold out.

I thought the size seemed right.
Why do I not seem to find much talk of the endela?
Is there something I'm missing ?

It's still relatively new, and many people have already settled on Delica sized, in which case it's too big, or Endura sized, in which case it's too small. I'm in the latter camp myself, but I find the Endura a bit small and the P4 just right.

It just does not get much love around here. I own one (in addition to about 20 Delicas and Enduras), and it just seems to be a somewhat unnecessary addition to the lineup.

I was worried I bought reject.
So no love because we are already spoiled on the other 2 options.?

I was worried I bought reject.
So no love because we are already spoiled on the other 2 options.?
It's a relatively new model, compared to the Delica and Endura we've had for 20 years or more. Give it some time, it'll get the love it deserves.

I have an Endela in K390 and its great. I think most of us weren’t interested because it was only offered in vg10. Now that it’s starting to be made in other steels, I think more people will be willing to give it a try.

Hi Skar,

Several years ago, the 4" blade limit in many jurisdictions was changed to a 3.5" blade length limit. This is a trend that we've been watching for quite a while. While many feel that blade length limit is not a realistic measurement, we as a manufacturer have to be aware of legal limitations on knives. Many of our ELU's (End Line Users) pay attention to local laws and we didn't have much in the line that had 3.5" blades. Denver is an example of an area where the Endura with its 4" blade is now considered illegal to carry. We began designing knives with 3.5" blades several years ago and have been offering the new size in many of the "families" of our models. Stretch, Endela and Harrier (byrd) as examples.

As the model becomes more popular, we'll no doubt be adding variations in steels and colors. Hope that helps?

sal

Thank you for the quick answers.
It's good to hear that it's a good knife.
I was worried for a bit there.

Now I can't wait to try it out !

I actually found I prefer the Endela slightly over the Endura. I carry a Delica and Manix II most often of my Spyderco knives, but the Endela probably gets more pocket time after I got one than my Enduras do.

Just received the K390 Endela with the blue FRN and in my non-expert opinion the quality is Outstanding.
Great fit and finish, blade centered, and out of the box the blade open-close action is smooth and precise. Looking forward to seeing how the K390 behavior will be compared to the VG10.

Have been eager to try the Endela as I own a PM2, Para3 and Endura but felt for my purposes they were a little to much for office slacks EDC. Initially settled on the Endura for office slacks carry but still felt that the blade length could attract undue attention if I took it out for some every-day usage around co-workers. Also, my hands are not large so the Endela is a better fit in that regard.

Have since retired from office work, but am still planning on the Endela for around town EDC.
Also own two Delicas with one as a dedicated tool-drawer user. For those shopping around, if you don't need the larger blade size or grip size the Delica is a great tool - every home should have at least one !

rak2

I have bought the regular black FRN, serrated version and have been putting it to work recently.

It has become one of my favorite knives.

I really like the Endura 4 and have several versions of them.

I think that it was a good idea to add the Endela to their line.

I have the K390 Endela on the way.

Thank you for the quick answers.
It's good to hear that it's a good knife.
I was worried for a bit there.

Now I can't wait to try it out !
it is a great knife. On the Spyderco.com forum there are a number of vocal fans of the knife. I plan to buy one in K390 myself. One thing I like is the modified handle and another thing is the blade shape. It is a great and useful knife.

it is a great knife. On the Spyderco.com forum there are a number of vocal fans of the knife. I plan to buy one in K390 myself. One thing I like is the modified handle and another thing is the blade shape. It is a great and useful knife.

Thank you.
I've had it a few days and I really like it.
I was getting the hap 40 endura. Now after having the endela, I think the endura may be to much for my liking.

3R6r0lO.jpg

I feel uncomfortable about this.

I'm a big fan of the Endura, so I will definitely be picking up a K390 Endela as I think it will be about the perfect size. Not to mention the K390 being a HUGE selling point for me!

About the only thing I was worried about was how it would feel without the steel liners of the Endura that I'm such a big fan of. I just found out that the Endela DOES have the same steel liners, so now I'm even more stoked to be getting one!

Great job Sal and Spyderco!

I'd love for the Endela to make the new Salt LC line, preferably in another color than the weird green.

Back