Endela

Sal got me thinking, I`m gonna give 1 of the lockbacks a try, ordered an Edndura 4. :p

Last edited:
The 1 thing that will keep me from ever buying 1 is the lockback
I'm curious, why? Not as fun to play with?

Back locks are great. Probably the strongest lock out there, and the spyderco ones are easy to use one handed. Personally I don't really let the locking mechanism influence my decision. I prefer some sort of lock, but only slightly. The type doesn't really bother me.

Back locks are safer and stronger, period. There is no argument there. The only reason to want a different lock is not for use, but for fidgeting, which is fun, I have to admit.

Enquiring minds wanna know why I dont like lockbacks, Im old, I had lockbacks 45 years ago.

Sal, I love your many other choices for locks much better.
Especially my newest piece, the Manix 2 ball bearing is def my favorite.
Hope ya do the ball bearing in a Para in the future, Im fine with the current lock on my Para 3. But if do a ball bearing in a Para Im gonna have to get another one :).

Last edited:
Just picked one up in K390. So far, I love it. The Endura is just a little too big for comfortable pocket carry for me, this one really fills the bill. I'm a big fan of the K390 steel.

Thanx Buzsaw,

It's always interesting to me to try to understand the "why". I still like lock-backs, well, mid lock-backs, and I'm also old, but I like most locks, if made well. I also like Slip-joints if made well and well thought out.

sal

Sal

I am set in my old ways but I am open minded, maybe you or someone can convince into a lockback again, although it has been years since I carried one.

Wanted to like the Endela but, alas, anything longer or heavier than a Delica just won't see a lot of pocket time.

A shame too cuz I build up a nice set of Endura's, Pacific Salt's, Stretch's, and Caly 3.5's trying to find a larger knife that works for me as an EDC.

My EDC sweet-spot is Dragonfly-Chaparral-Delica-Native LW.

Sal

I am set in my old ways but I am open minded, maybe you or someone can convince into a lockback again, although it has been years since I carried one.
To each their own. You didn't really say why you don't like them, so it's hard to say what would change your mind(not that I'm trying to do that).

As Sal alluded to, the back locks on a lot of the older designs such as the Buck 110 are released down near the butt of the handle making them more or less requiring two hands to close. The ones on the Spyderco's are situated mid-handle making it much easier to dissengage one handed. In my experience, Spyderco back locks also have quite a smooth dissengagement as well compared to some that have a strong spring action requiring you to press hard to release the lock.

Sal

Sal, you got me thinking, :p I`m gonna give a lockback a shot, havent carried a lockback in years. Ordered an the Endura 4,:)
I guess its 1 of the runs you did last year, its a Teal in S30V.
I told my wife its your fault. LOL

Hi Buzsaw,

I'll take the blame. Everything is my fault from the election to Iran, just ask Gail.

Let us know what you think?

sal

:thumbsup:
Just waiting for it to get there from the CS
Waiting on a Tenacious also, even after the holidays, every package I`ve got has been very slow.

If I didn’t have an Endura and a Delica and wanted a new Seki Spydie it would 100% be an Endela. It looks perfect.

Back