Endura Wharncliffe???

Like a lot of people I've been waiting patiently for the Delica HAP40 Wharncliffe's to drop, unfortunately after receiving a ZDP-189 Delica the other day I've discovered that the Delica is just too small for my hands
Has Spyderco ever offered a plain edge wharncliffe in the Endura line? If Sal see's this, any chance of a HAP40 Wharncliffe Endura?
The wharncliffe/ sheepsfoot blade shape is underappreciated for it's versatility!

Id definitely buy one. Eric accidentally mentioned one in a shot show video last year. Ever since I've been hoping we might see one.

A0C04E26-4B85-4AD8-A21C-48BA7DC9B873.jpeg My biggest Wharncliffe is about the size of the Endura. The problem may be that the butt end of the Endura handle is too skinny to hide a Wharncliffe point.

Jazzz did a mock up over Spyderco.com forum and many discussions about it. I’d rather have the VToku scandi Emerson first ...

I see what you mean tiguy7 about the handle being a little skinny, I'd be happy even if the blade was shortened so it would fold. What about scaling up the Kahr Delica blade to Endura size? I'd be happy even if the blade was slightly shorter than 3 inches, that would help for regions where blade length's are an issue.

Here's the drawing. I'd like one. The Delica is awesome.

1WMgbIz.jpg

I hope the blade is 3.5 inches or just under so I can carry it in Colorado. I asked for such a knife to be made with this blade style. One of the post said the blade may need to be a bit shorter for the Wharncliffe's shape so Spyderco could kill 2 birds with one stone. Give us a knife based on the Endura handle with a 3.5 inch Wharncliffe blade that is legal to carry in Colorado, and other states too that have such a limitation.

1WMgbIz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'd be very interested in a Wharncliffe Endura. I appreciate the Delica, but like the OP, it's a bit small for my hand. The Endura, however, is one of my favorites.

I'm definitely in for a wharny endura, I'm not a back lock fan in general but with how light and thin the endura is, plus that long straight edge on the >3.5" blade, I'd be all over that regardless of steel used!

Wouldn't be my main use knife but likely would be an EDC.

Yes, I would definitely like to see an Endura Wharncliffe.

I picked up the Delica Wharncliffe, and use it quite a bit.

I agree with the bigger handle working a lot better.

I really like the handle of the Endura 4 and have six of them.

Can you imagine the cardboard you could cut with that thing?
I'd have a new back pocket knife to go with my other Enduras.

I have been hoping for one ever since the release of the wharncliffe delica as well. The endura is already one of the most multifaceted blades out there, and a wharny version would expand its uses that much further. I would love to have one.

I hope the blade is 3.5 inches or just under so I can carry it in Colorado. I asked for such a knife to be made with this blade style. One of the post said the blade may need to be a bit shorter for the Wharncliffe's shape so Spyderco could kill 2 birds with one stone. Give us a knife based on the Endura handle with a 3.5 inch Wharncliffe blade that is legal to carry in Colorado, and other states too that have such a limitation.

1WMgbIz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you want this.

691946.jpg

Michael Janich design.

Jazzz that's a great design pic, my mental image was pretty much what you've drawn! And I agree an Endura wharncliffe would destroy cardboard without a worry...
As usual thank you Sal for taking an interest in what us knife nuts dream up!!!

Sounds like you want this.

691946.jpg

Michael Janich design.[/QUOTE]

Those are very cool, but aren't wharncliffes.

Back