English Jack Extravaganza

I like larger knives. :thumbsup: So, I’m having a hard time figuring out why this Queen Winterbottom #29 is my only example of the English Jack pattern. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t have it if my good friend Stuart D Duckdog had not graciously gifted it to me on one of my recent trips to DC. Thanks Stuart! :)

49668691503_13896b613a_o_d.jpg

49669231386_fa2c9c19f1_o_d.jpg

It looks very happy in your care, Ron. You'll note that your #29 has the spear main, as does the one that I posted, while the #28 that danno50 danno50 posted has the clip main. A classy clan, I think.
- Stuart

Thanks, tongueriver, danno50, waynorth, Mike R., Campbellclanman, and Will Power for the nice comments.
Here is one of my favorite American-made English Jacks. Made by Ulster in the 1920s / 1930s era, this model has uncommon stag handles with a federal shield, nice detail on the bolsters, and a long nail pull.
This knife has nearly perfect proportions and aesthetics in my opinion.

View attachment 1310166

Beautiful knives fellas. I'm surprised I don't see more of these around. I love a larger knife.
I do have a question though. Many of these seem to be vintage. Are there any companies at the moment who are currently producing English jacks? I haven't seen any.

100% agree with all the comments above on Lloyd's and Herders Knives!!! Just Smashed it out of the ball park!
Also Stuart - That's a very cool CJ!

Thank you, Duncan. I'm sorry that I missed your kind comment earlier (COVID chaos).
- Stuart

Back