ESEE forum knife

Would you purchase a new "Pack" knife?

• Yes, I would buy one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm not interested in a new "Pack" knife

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So once we get a new name for "The Pack", is there a possiblilty of a new "Pack" knife? I missed out on the original Rat Pack knife,that sweet black and orange beauty.

Maybe we can get a 4 this time. :D

Would you guys buy a black blade orange G10 4, or another configuration of the new "Pack" knife? Be honest so they can gauge interest.

From what I hear, it was a huge clusterf*ck last time and I don't think the people organizing it would want to do it again.

With that said, if they did I definitely would.

Yea it sounded like a big mess last time, but perhaps they could try it a different way this time round. I was thinking instead of offering a current model, why not offer the izula folder as a pack knife. Just number the first production run, and if people send their money, engrave that it is a pack knife. Then, all the unpaid ones could just be sold as numbered first production.

With almost 1000 members, it might be worth their while for a small headache.

I'd be willing to pay up front.

it depends on the model, i wouldnt mind an izula pack knife. but i would pass on something like say, the junglas.

I voted yes, but only on the proviso it happens AFTER I actually get a pack number.

(I too would pre-pay)

Some poor glutton for punishment would probably have to step up and handle the whole ordeal. People about killed Katie with nonsense last time and it turned in to a royal PITA. I recall there were statements that another pack knife would NEVER happen again, but who knows. I came in on the tail end of it last time, but it was a democratic process. Voted on model, then blade color, then scale color.

“Hey Mrs. S, it’s been 9 minutes since I emailed you about when the knives are going to ship, did you get my email?”

“Oh yeah sorry about that, I forgot I ordered one, I bought a KitchenAid mixer instead. Can you cancel my order and refund my money?”

“When is my knife going to be here?”

“I know you’re printing shipping labels, folding USPS boxes and sorting through a couple hundred knives but do you think I will have my knife by next Tuesday?”

What a basket case that RP3 turned out to be Poor Katie :D
simple Direction less than 50% could follow

I voted Yes. Maybe they could just make one however they want without input, and just number them, and then sell them.

Some poor glutton for punishment would probably have to step up and handle the whole ordeal. People about killed Katie with nonsense last time and it turned in to a royal PITA. I recall there were statements that another pack knife would NEVER happen again, but who knows. I came in on the tail end of it last time, but it was a democratic process. Voted on model, then blade color, then scale color.

“Hey Mrs. S, it’s been 9 minutes since I emailed you about when the knives are going to ship, did you get my email?”

“Oh yeah sorry about that, I forgot I ordered one, I bought a KitchenAid mixer instead. Can you cancel my order and refund my money?”

“I know you’re printing shipping labels, folding USPS boxes and sorting through a couple hundred knives but do you think I will have my knife by next Tuesday?”

Dude, people suck

You sure that's not out of one of the HEST Folder threads?

I'm all set, thanks. I've got my RP-3 #006 and it's not worth the inevitable clusterf*** to try doing a project like that again. If they find someone crazy enough to do handle the orchestration of another, though, I'd get one. :p

if it were to be done again there would need to be more than one person handling it. i dont know, i wouldn't mind doing it as long as i wasn't out any money.

If I remember right, Katie got so stressed poor Mike didn't get any nookie for a month. :eek:

I would so love to see an orange blade, black micarta Izzy 2 as an ESEE cult knife!
maybe we could get it with "Mr Koolaid" laser etched on the blade?

How many members were there at the time of the first "Pack" knife?

I'm #283 and I remember the knife landing shortly after I got my number. Somehow, I completely missed the sign up. :eek:

if it were to be done again there would need to be more than one person handling it. i dont know, i wouldn't mind doing it as long as i wasn't out any money.

:thumbup: There you go.

Back