Everyone has a grail list i have a user grail list what are your best users

All hail, bladeforums
Alright fellow users i am on here less than a yr and noticed everyone has a grail list .
I do too but mine is for users only.
My question is what r your favourite busse and kin to use i know there are alot to choose from .i currently own two busse and im awaiting a third .so im like a newborn piglet in busse terms i wont buy one or trade unless its on my list .i got a grab bag and one was in it the 2nd knife wasnt so i traded it for one that was i have 3 sons and 3 stepsons so itll be a long time before i finish my list bit am just interested in your top 5 users list
1.tg any . I got a mini a2 love it
2.rmd .classic blade my first one .
3.hogb8 .awaiting
4.cgbm.any variation i can get
5.regulator .
I have about 20 on my full list but put my top 5 only lookin forward to hearing what people love to use cheers J.

Congrats on the collection. Everything I get is purchased to be a user. There is one exception and that was the daggers that I recently got. I have no need for daggers, so they will not be users. But my top users are my SHBM's. I rotate between 3 user SHBM's. I have one user SHSHII and one BME user as well. That's about it. I am about to start using my, recently purchased mountainmandu.

My MOST used Busses are...

1) the First Fat ASH1 I bought
2) My anorexic B4
3) the first BATAC I bought
4) the FFFBM

I have to give due deference to a pair of Rats that see plenty of cutting,

one of my RMDs and one of my HRLMs.

Yes, the RMD is a classic and a must have kicking around somewhere. Those are all really good blades.

Here's my small line up, In order by size. All users :)
1. AMS
2. RMD
(SR101 and IINFI) I think I have 4 or 5. Lost count.
3. Rodent 6 (Modified) I have at least 3 of these
4. Axe Hammer - I have 2 an LE and a Modified
5. B11

If I could only have one. I'd go with probably the Axe Hammer :) Here are some pics to spice it up a bit... cheers!

EnJLzPG.jpg

mCKUk4C.jpg

c7GLH9v.jpg

hIIia1I.jpg

Kv6Na81.jpg

I’ve got 9 Busses and kin :eek: I can hardly believe it! For a while my NMFBM was my most used. I used it to baton firewood. I’ve had a few.... close calls with axes:confused:.... so the NMFBM, couple with a hard rubber mallet does the job.

My new house has a gas fireplace. NMFBM rests in a hidden place for safe keeping (absolutely love the beast). My most used are my Rodent 3, Scrapivore, and HACK warden. Kitchen duty mainly. The HACK is in Elmax and is probably most used.

My SOB is often used as a pineapple chopper.

My AMSMO sits in a backpack, ready to go. The BG ASH1 is a safe queen, for now.... hoping that Busse produces the original ASH-1, I’m in for one. Other safe Queens are Wakizashi and my much beloved AK47 ( satin, G10 scales).

Mine is my ASH2. Used it today actually. My brother and I took my niece (8 yrs old) out to the woods to teach her some bushcraft. Can't start too young. Her brother (4 yrs old) and I were on a team against her, her dad, and mom to see who could start the best fire. She learned today how to baton using a BGTG I gave my brother and I used the ASH2. Fires ended up a tie having to put both out before we left. :)

I also used my Nuke FM for firewood prep for my woodstove all winter.

Mine is the DSF and DSSF’s. I have owned a few now and I keep aqcuiring more... addicted to that long slender infi blade, and that great feel of the straight handle.

I only buy blades I intend to use, but do have several that haven't broken in yet.

Here's a pic of all my users from Op2WksPt1:

34f0jnm.jpg

And one with the BME2 and my latest aquisition, the mighty Chopweiler:

28auv07.jpg

Users not pictured include a RMD LE, B8 LE, 1111, and 1311.

I guess if someone twisted my arm and made me pick my top 5 users, today it would be:

-AMS
-SOS
-JMD
-Chopweiler
-BME2
-Boom Parang
-CG BB13

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

I use every Busse I get someway or another.
For now my collection consists of...
KZ II LE
TGLB
and in the mail....
A Nuclear Muskrat!
I have had so many in the past....my favorite all time blade has to be my TGLB.

I have built a pretty large collection in a fairly short amount of time so I haven't gotten to beat on all of mine yet but based on the feel in my hands, I'm a huge fan of Resi-C.

Top users for me are - SAR3, MSe, MBC, Max Warden, DS8, Basic 8, Basic 10 LE, 1311, BB-13

I have a few on the way that are likely going to join that list - BMe, Nuked NF FSH, and a CS Wiskey Warden (thanks Jason!)

All of my favorite users have turned out to be SR101 blades. I have acquired a Bushwacker that will probably end up putting some INFI at the top "big knife" spot once I the profile the edge, but right now my favorites from big to little are...

1. BG DTBM
2. Ratweiler (3/16" version)
3. BG Hog Badger & BG Boss Jack (they are both too good to pick one over the other)
4. Rodent Trail

I only buy blades I intend to use, but do have several that haven't broken in yet.

Here's a pic of all my users from Op2WksPt1:

34f0jnm.jpg

And one with the BME2 and my latest aquisition, the mighty Chopweiler:

28auv07.jpg

Users not pictured include a RMD LE, B8 LE, 1111, and 1311.

I guess if someone twisted my arm and made me pick my top 5 users, today it would be:

-AMS
-SOS
-JMD
-Chopweiler
-BME2
-Boom Parang
-CG BB13

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D
Whats the maroon handled knife fourth from left dont know that model ?nice knives

I have only a few which were not being used yet:
Pork Shank, Forsaken Mistress, CS Flak Jack, CS SOS.
And I think I won't use the Flak Jack at all, I like the Harsey Difensa just better.

Most use get the following:
Park Ranger BG (great small woods blade)
Ratmandu / INFIdu (best design overall imho)
Boss Jack LE (best one knife only solution)
And my BWM CF fully convexed. What an awesome big and still not too heavy blade it is!

Whats the maroon handled knife fourth from left dont know that model ?nice knives

Thanks. That's my DTBM. I got a bit rough with it and removed the rear talon due to pinky bite during heavy chopping. Also gave it a regrind and sanded the scales smooth. Still an awesome blade but I use the BME2 more often so it didn't make my "top 5."

The scales are actually tan micarta, they just look red in that pic. Here's an older pic with the rear talon intact that shows the actual scale color better:

2ln8r48.jpg

Love the color variation you get with micarta. The scales on my Hell Razor look tan/ brown when they're dry, like in the group shot above, but with some mineral oil on them they look very maroon:

96miw6.jpg

Thanks. That's my DTBM. I got a bit rough with it and removed the rear talon due to pinky bite during heavy chopping. Also gave it a regrind and sanded the scales smooth. Still an awesome blade but I use the BME2 more often so it didn't make my "top 5."

The scales are actually tan micarta, they just look red in that pic. Here's an older pic with the rear talon intact that shows the actual scale color better:

2ln8r48.jpg

Love the color variation you get with micarta. The scales on my Hell Razor look tan/ brown when they're dry, like in the group shot above, but with some mineral oil on them they look very maroon:

96miw6.jpg
The dtbm is awesome gotta love the hellrazor too tbh they r on my list also just not in top 5 cheers lads nice to c what other hogs r using

Back