Everyone's latest acquisitions!

h3ml9SLh.jpg

jlaLKtWh.jpg

r1STNHGh.jpg

Cheburkov Scout and Russki: If anybody is curious I could do some brief reviews. I might add a Toucan to the collection as well.
I’d like to see your reviews. It’s always interesting to see what somebody else who has “hands-on” owner experience has to say. Nice, pretty Scout, BTW. I recently got a grooved Ti M390 Scout. I’m happy with mine (GREAT sale price of $404) and I have no buyers remorse, but looking at pretty variations always makes me sigh.

You have no idea...….

to be honest in the shop i was quite torn between the 0562cf and 0566cf, i liked the general proportions of the 0566cf more as it was my ideal 3.25'' blade length and pocketable knife, plus it was quite a bit cheaper than the 0562cf but now im startign to think maybe i should get the 0562 anyway.

Do you guys know if elmax or 20cv is better for edc like cutting boxes/light plastics etc?
I went with the 0566cf in elmax thinking it was a bit better at cutting boxes but now im not sure

Just got into the knife world, and quickly bought myself a Delica4 and zt0566. Im now itching to buy a zt0562 I feel like my lack of self control is going to get me in trouble with this rabbit hole
Welcome to the rabbit hole on the other side of the looking glass. You didn’t ask for any advice, but here’s a quick dose of it for free anyhow......

To avoid working yourself into a situation involving regret and probably unpleasant (and maybe damaging) negative financial consequences, set a realistic and sustainable monthly budget limit for knife purchases and stick with that budget. If you do that, you’ll be able to have a great time and put together a nice collection while not causing yourself problems. PLUS---it’ll make you go slow and take it a step at a time, which should help you avoid buying knives that you’ll look at down the road and say “WHY TF did I buy this thing?”

Good luck with sliding down the slippery slope into our world!

I’d like to see your reviews. It’s always interesting to see what somebody else who has “hands-on” owner experience has to say. Nice, pretty Scout, BTW. I recently got a grooved Ti M390 Scout. I’m happy with mine (GREAT sale price of $404) and I have no buyers remorse, but looking at pretty variations always makes me sigh.

The grooved one would have been another choice I would have gone for if it had been available at time of purchase in a EU Store. I wish they did the other models more uniform in terms of Show/Lockside, a lot of them have just fancy show sides and plain locksides which is a shame (The Raven, Wolf andKiller Whale in particular). I'm just not big on that, so the Inlay Scout or Grooved one were on the top of the list, the Russki was an impulse purchase since it had the nice CF on both sides and I like the shape a bit, sort of an Olamic Swish Style/Profile.
I'll do a write up in the next couple days.

Haven't really shown those two yet:
Cheburkov Scout and Russki:
musi1oG.jpg

vFsEMzR.jpg

If anybody is curious I could do some brief reviews. I might add a Toucan to the collection as well.

I would love a review! I have a grooved scout and a "Russia Y" on order from a Russian website... The Scout is damn near as fine as my Shirogorov knives!

The grooved one would have been another choice I would have gone for if it had been available at time of purchase in a EU Store. I wish they did the other models more uniform in terms of Show/Lockside, a lot of them have just fancy show sides and plain locksides which is a shame (The Raven, Wolf andKiller Whale in particular). I'm just not big on that, so the Inlay Scout or Grooved one were on the top of the list, the Russki was an impulse purchase since it had the nice CF on both sides and I like the shape a bit, sort of an Olamic Swish Style/Profile. I'll do a write up in the next couple days.
I’ll be watching for your write-up. I wish the fancy lock scale/drab lock scale thing wasn’t the way of the knife world. I got a heavily decorated (1/10 LE) CRK Damascus Impinda at the NYCKS last year that was worth every bit of the slap-in-the-face price. I wish the quality manufacturers would put out more knives like that one on a regular production basis.

I’ll be watching for your write-up. I wish the fancy lock scale/drab lock scale thing wasn’t the way of the knife world. I got a heavily decorated (1/10 LE) CRK Damascus Impinda at the NYCKS last year that was worth every bit of the slap-in-the-face price. I wish the quality manufacturers would put out more knives like that one on a regular production basis.
I'm just a fan of symmetry so it feels half finished in a way if the lockside is left bland Ti, it's one thing if it's all Ti and maybe just anodized or darkened/stonewashed, it still looks uniform and like a cohesive design. But if it's one side really fancy and the other really bare it's like "Oh, nobody is gonna look at that side anyway. Let's not worry." kind of half a%$ed in a way. I've been looked at the Russian Damascus blades but I am not sure I really like it, I might give it a chance at some point.

I would love a review! I have a grooved scout and a "Russia Y" on order from a Russian website... The Scout is damn near as fine as my Shirogorov knives!

I was hoping the Scout would be a "budget" Shiro, and it certainly doesn't disappoint, given that it's pretty much exactly half of what a Shiro would cost me. The CF Fuller 111 is a grail knife for me. I really like everything about that knife except the price. I might still get one at some point but I can't see the action being the driving factor at this point and just get it because I dig the design.

Ok im going to have to admit, i caved to my lack of self control and bought another few knives, now my total acquisitions of the last 5 days include a
Spyderco delica4
ZT0566cf
ZT0562cf
Benchmade griptilian 551

This has turned out to be quite an expensive week so far, who knows whats next? maybe a chris reeve sebenza? my lack of self control is very scary

Back