1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Thanks brother! They have a nice swell to them so it feels good in hand too and I dig the broader blades which was the initial draw for me to go with the canoe pattern. :thumbsup:

2. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    The canoe pattern is one of my favs!

Edgeoflife likes this.
  3. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Gorgeous! Im a sucker for OD micarta and i dont have any GECs yet but its definitely on my short list. Very nice!

4. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks Buddy !
    Gec does make some quality knives and there very consistent at it :thumbsup:
    With that said this 92 still exceeded my expectations. DLT really hooked me up with a great example. Was going to make this one a safe queen and it’s so nice it’s worthy of it but it’s screaming to be carried and loved :)

jkwithawave and Edgeoflife like this.
  5. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    That 92 is a beauty for sure with the green and brass contrast it really pops! My only issue w Case is just that... Consistency. With no local dealer to hand pick from here my next traditional will be a GEC and theres so many to choose from! Enjoy your new acquisition!

TheFactor likes this.
  6. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    For sure that’s my only complaint with Case is you never know what your going to get. But if you get a good one you can’t beat them for bang for the buck :thumbsup:

7. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Just arrived!

E0C9FAAD-08F2-4F92-9984-E93D31220215.jpeg 3FFAA010-8AFD-4E95-ACFC-3260D06E13C3.jpeg

8. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    6CE820CC-716C-4D16-A34E-BD5EC61B508F.jpeg Day one in the pocket

razorburn, Edgeoflife, ErocSD and 3 others like this.
  9. TALON52

TALON52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2016
    I picked up these three knives this month...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and my favorite a CKF/PETER RASENTI SNAFU 2.0 #392/400

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  10. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Steel Code 4 limited run in black
    [​IMG]

11. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    It's been a good knife week.
    20190928_083841-2304x1725.jpg

12. OogieBoogie

OogieBoogie

Mar 29, 2014
    TOPS Outpost Command
    [​IMG]

This is one beast of a knife. My only other large fixed-blade is a ESEE 5. This is beefier and larger than that thing!!! Just ordered a custom kydex sheath from 7Rattlebushcraft. I have handled TOPS knives in the past, but never owned one. I'm more impressed with them with each knife I see. My next acquisition will be the Prather War Bowie.

razorburn, Edgeoflife, ErocSD and 4 others like this.
  13. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    My Police 4 lightweight, and Para 3 lightweight ("Delica killer") arrived!
    The Police is as I expected: like an XL Endura. Even though there is clearly no room at the 'tip-up' end, a lanyard hole would make this the perfect knife for me.
    I prefer the old, distinct Police 3 blade shape. I'm glad I got a Police 3 before they were all gone.
    I love the design, and proportions of the Manbug. IMO, it is too small, and has no pocket clip, so I got rid of mine.
    The Para 3 lightweight looks just like an XXL Manbug. I love the wire pocket clip on smaller, lighter knives. It is very ergonomic, and the handle is not too short for my sm/med hand. Wide, leaf shaped blades are my favorite. I'm not sure if a compression lock was necessary on such a small, basic FRN knife. The blade isn't very heavy. The compression lock is easier to close than the back lock, but not much. It hasn't pinched my index finger (when opening) like the Para 2 does.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    razorburn, Edgeoflife, ErocSD and 2 others like this.
  14. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Picked this up yesterday, quite impressed with it, it's really well put together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    What model is this?

16. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    It's the QSP knives 'worker', comes in 4 handle materials, this is g10 there's a carbon/g10 laminate version, a green jigged bone version and a snakewood version.

Edgeoflife and Brules1 like this.
  17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Just ordered a new custom made to order Beard&Owl leather slip for this new arrival and she’s more then worthy :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

18. Odds

Odds Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Just out of the mail!! Man this thing is sweet! Chavez Ultramar Redencion with carbon fibre inlay. Smooth action, robust build. Reate does a fine job as OEM for Chaves.

BB9ABD10-1371-4C49-9121-A6C24F028ECA.jpeg 7C5BA200-045D-49F1-A757-16BBCC46EC88.jpeg 7882C8D7-2D80-4F47-B203-CF2B0485F016.jpeg

19. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    This Kapara was waiting for me when we returned from a week in Vermont. It's got a lot going for it but feels small in my hand for a 3.5" knife. If I end up deciding it's not for me I'll have to clear it with my wife who seems to like it a lot. Could end up in her knife drawer....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rick, razorburn, Edgeoflife and 5 others like this.
  20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Just ordered a Gec #44 Buffalo Jack in OD green micarta from my #1 dealer DLT :thumbsup:

Edgeoflife and jkwithawave like this.