Everyone's latest acquisitions!

The mail brought my first ever CRK today. A small Sebenza 21. It’s very nice looking but my thumb hurts.

View attachment 1199264

Congrats on the new 21! Love mine however i didnt get to expierence sebenza thumb as mine came nicely broken in already and flicks great since i got it off the exchange. Yours will break in and become admired more every day. Love the beautiful spalted inlays! One of my favs and a nice choice for a first CRK as it come with the extra finishings over the base 21. Congrats again!

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife It’s is absolutely beautiful and by far the prettiest knife I have ever owned. I have gotten a little better at opening it. I think the issue for me is that my grip sometimes puts pressure on the lockbar making it harder to open and this tearing up my thumb. This is completely user error and not a problem with the knife itself

I have considered listing it for trade. Maybe for a large sebenza that is already used. This would help with my fat uncoordinated hands and make it easier to use because right now it’s almost to pretty to carry for me. Or maybe I’ll just get over that.

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife It’s is absolutely beautiful and by far the prettiest knife I have ever owned. I have gotten a little better at opening it. I think the issue for me is that my grip sometimes puts pressure on the lockbar making it harder to open and this tearing up my thumb. This is completely user error and not a problem with the knife itself

I have considered listing it for trade. Maybe for a large sebenza that is already used. This would help with my fat uncoordinated hands and make it easier to use because right now it’s almost to pretty to carry for me. Or maybe I’ll just get over that.

I just recently acquired my first CRK as well so im no expert on them but i can say im very happy with the action on mine being broke in. Very smooth and as mentioned flicks open nicely and no lock stick. Good thing is CRKs hold there value very well so maybe give it a little time to break in as It'll still be worth pretty much the same then as now. If your still wanting a large im sure you could trade into one easy enough. I actually had the same thought as well and think I could probably trade straight up for a used PJ large for my small inlay 21 but then I ask myself if I want a plain Jane after experiencing the inlaid version? While the small is big enough for me I do want the large eventually as well as i generally prefer bigger folders but I'm not so sure I want to give up this beautiful small either to get one :D

Js3il2Vh.jpg

Got a couple case knives in route. A 2011 mini trapper in blue jigged bone and a new dual spearpoint canoe in bone stag. I'm not a big traditional guy (love my modern folders) but that's what I carried as a kid so i do look forward to these.

Back