Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Fresh out of the box tonight
F12bjMU.jpg

FoQUbyy.jpg

This is the KIZER bush knife . The blade is a flat grind in 1095 HC it as a nice weight to it . It as a nice feel to it and comes sharp out of the box . The only negative I would say about this knife is the handle is small and not what I expected . It could do with being half an inch longer and a quarter of an inch thicker in the scales . I would say this would be a great knife if for a youngster just starting out with field and bushcraft .
IMG_20200610_141809.jpg

Recent find at a pawn shop - the seven inch Madd Maxx. Bought it in a second.

Had a blade play, centering off, lots of shit dirt inside the knife, some light scratches on the blade - good condition.

Sent the knife to my friends at AR Mods.

The 7” MADD MAXX’s that were made by Camillus had D-2 spear point blades. They made about 200. I have a couple DDR custom 7” MADD MAXX’s with Gothic Braid Handles. The 9” models were all custom. I think HTM was licensed by DDR to make 5 1/2” and 7” folders.

Before:

zseeykV.jpg

And after:

eIVCNYr.jpg

Thank you for the info, I've been trying to gather some history on these knives and yes I heard all 9 inch ones were custom handmade by DDR. However, I've also heard from another collector that 7 inch ones were also made HTM in-house custom which basically was Darrel's production brand. Darrel really got screwed on that deal. Sure, he got paid for the license of the design but he had no say in the production end. They made him a front man and the rest was history.

HTM was very highly anticipated mainly due to their Gunhammer model coming out right when the Titanium Framelock fad was just picking up serious steam. Unfortunately the knives they released had every problem imaginable, lockslip, lockrock, lockstick, side to side and up and down play, poor centring on a huge number of knives. Even the Manual Action Bullwhip I bought had bad lockslip. There are rumors of them going out of business or they already went out of business...

After the 7 inch s35vn blade Madd maxx now I really want to try to get the 9 inch one, but don't even want to imagine how much would they cost. These are expensive and fun sized pocket swords, that are practical and useful as well.

Back