Everyone's latest acquisitions!

20200611-123930.jpg

I just acquired two new knives; a Kershaw Launch 1, and a Boker Kalashnikov Limited Edition Dagger Damascus! The steel for the Kershaw says CPM154, and the Boker says 7084 192 layers.
I have not checked the apex's or sharpened them myself yet. The factory edge on the Boker is pretty dull, but it has a fast and powerful action. The factory edge on the Kershaw is shaving sharp and it has a pretty quick and pleasant action. Both knives lockup perfectly with no play or slack anywhere at all! And not a blemish that I have found.
The Damascus on the Boker is beautiful. I love Damascus! I'll have a better idea of how good it is after I sharpen it myself. I am not really sure what angle that I want to put on them or if I want to include micro-bevels or anything.
I wanted to buy a MT OTF, but I didn't see any that I wanted and fit my budget for this month that were not already sold out. But I am happy with these choices so far.

nx2JD0d.jpg

280coC8.jpg

I've been selling more than buying knives recently but my most recent purchases were the all black Yojimbo and the Byrd Hawkbill that I bought directly from Spyderco.

C85GPBBK2_Both.png

Only bought the Hawkbill because I needed to pay a few more $'s to get free shipping.

BY22SBK_Both.png

The way it worked out, the Hawkbill (which retails for $41 and MAPs for $28.70 only cost me $11.50 more than if I bought the Yojimbo alone (plus shipping).

So, it was a good deal to me. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot that I also recently purchased a MaxAce DMG-M343A Balisong w/light brown G10 scales and a VERY attractive Ti coated 440C blade off of the Exchange.

You can see a photo of it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VG_EMlbd_qTVvd6UnqzsK5kQWUWo9uyG/view?ts=5ee466c8

AND you can find more photos of the DMG line (which apparently discontinued) as well as some videos demonstrating it here:

https://imgur.com/a/eocKp

Tried embedding a photo of it but couldn't manage it for some reason. I'm a lousy photographer and the photos/videos in the links above are far better than anything I could produce.

The knife is of Chinese origin but is extremely well made w/G10 handles/steel liners that flips extremely smoothly on bearings. It was priced around $120 two years ago which puts it in the price class of the Bradley-Kimura and Kershaw Lucha but it is FAR better constructed than either of those balis (both of which I also own). The DMG also comes w/a training "blade" and a wrench that you can see in the 1st link above.

A very nice addition to my bali collection and something any other bali collector should consider buying if/when s/he sees one offered for sale. :)

Last edited:
Back