Everyone's latest acquisitions!

W2J0sBa.jpg

WE/SNECX mini buster

I picked up a Watu a few days ago, but I wanted to carry it for a bit before posting about it (since it's so damn weird). It's a great knife! I love how thin the blade stock is... It's so slicey! I really like the blade shape. It's nearly a wharncliffe until you get near the tip. Good stuff. Ergonomics are great, which seems weird to me. I mean this thing is a stick that is flared on the ends... Why does it feel so good?! I really like the finish they decided to go with on the carbon fiber laminate. I think the Spyderco smooth carbon fiber is too smooth, and the peel-ply too grippy, lol. This is just right! I thought I didn't like carbon fiber/g10 laminate, but it turns out, I just didn't like the finish that was being used. I really hope Spyderco uses this same (or similar) texture on other knives going forward. I love Spyderco's wire clips, so I'm pleased with that. Centering is perfect. Action is perfect. The grind is really good. My only complaints are that it's a little too big for my liking and I wish the kick wouldn't hit my finger when closing the knife. All in all, winner.

vLoQMTO.jpg

1iPRjVw.jpg

mw9aY0D.jpg

T8JE7L8.jpg

No joke, had to grab one of these Boker Dessert Warriors haha. The traditional is also a limited Boker run with oak scales salvaged from Castle Burg (allegedly).

TXEolP6.jpg
Wow...I'm kinda sad I missed these! LMAO...I may have to put up a WTB post:D

Nice! Had my eye on these since shot show. How do you like it?

I can't find any faults so far, super light for the size, fantastic action, great ergos. I'm going to grab one of the plain bead blasted versions as well if I can. GPK had them last week but the plain TI sold out in under 2 minutes. By the time I saw the alert email they were gone.

The first 'real' knife I bought with my own money.
I remember some cheapo knives; probably got them in Chinatown.
Buck 110 was a knife to envy but me being me wanted something different.

blackhorse.jpg

Kershaw Black Horse. I remember cutting myself on this knife as it was my first wicked sharp blade.
I was a Kershaw fanboy back then; I also had an Amphibian and lusted for a DWO.
One for the shelf and memories...

Back